FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

D2R crashes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BLiNk077

Post Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:06 am

D2R crashes

I have to ask just because my HC sorc’s that don’t die keep getting killed by crashes… is there anything innate about how isBoxer launches the game that may make it less than stable compared to usual? Is it just the nature of running more than one client?

I can technically run 7 windows of d2r, it’s smooth enough to play without any issues at all, but things like load screens take slightly longer, and it’s a lot to juggle. Today I was running only 3 and it happened again. Game jammed up, 5 seconds later my soft is terminated. This has happened like 4 times now.

I am not complaining, I love isBoxer, but I’m trying to understand how I might avoid this!

I’m considering trying to run my main as normal (not launched by isBoxer) and the alts through isBoxer. See if that makes any difference. Is that stupid?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:57 pm

Re: D2R crashes

I would probably look into the crashes.

There are several avenues.
1. Event logs
2. Game logs
3. Crash Reports from Inner Space (it will usually popup front and centre if there is one).
4. Crash Dumps (either in the localappdata\crashdumps folder or the InnerSpace folder).
5. ISBoxer compatibility diagnostics.

I'd go armed to the ISBoxer support channels (here or discord), and see if someone can have a nosey.
The game is not expected to crash, and if is doesn't when not using ISBoxer, then it is not expected when using ISBoxer. Especially if it is not a resource issue which you've already indicated starting that step by dropping from 7 to 3 games at a time.

Return to General