FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Suggestion] D2R and FPS weirdness

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BLiNk077

Post Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:10 pm

D2R and FPS weirdness

I have noticed since I started running 7 instances of D2R that FPS does strange things. After a bit of toggling between windows (nothing extreme, mostly sticking with just one at a time while idling the other players in a game with me) I’ve been seeing my FPS drop big time, sometimes below even the minimum I’ve set. It seems to me that maybe there is an issue there?

I know, it could be me, it could be my pc, but I am thinking maybe not simply because I have found several strategies to “reset” this behavior. I can reload my InnerSpace preset, toggle DLSS on or off, it doesn’t seem to matter which DLSS preset or lack there of, just simply that I do something to force things to recalibrate, and my FPS goes back to where it belongs. I see no indication that my PC is struggling.

Anyone deal with this? Any thoughts? I love what you do here with ISBoxer, so if it could be improved at some point that’d be cool, but thanks regardless for the work you do here!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:51 pm

Re: D2R and FPS weirdness

This has been reported by a few people with D2R. You may be able to "reset" it with Alt+Enter as well.

It could potentially be resolved by a video driver update or Windows Update. I would also make sure the Game Mode setting in Windows is set to Off for multiboxing (you can type Game Mode into the search box in Windows to find the setting).

Unfortunately we don't have specific information on how exactly to resolve this, although presumably it is related to some system setting or update. (Had one guy report that the problem only happened for him after he reinstalled Windows, where it was previously working fine.)

We also have this general framerate guide https://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate which could potentially help narrow things down as well.

Return to General