FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tilt wheel / Bump wheel input is blocked

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sorcerer

Post Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:18 pm

Tilt wheel / Bump wheel input is blocked

When I launch D2R from Inner Space, my mouse's left and right tilt button input do not register. When I launch the game normally, the issue does not occur. I use X-Mouse Button Control to capture the tilt wheel input and trigger a macro, but XMBC doesn't show the tilt wheel inputs as being captured. Any idea what's going on?

I've been using tilt wheel inputs with ISBoxer and XMBC like this for over a year now, so I'm not sure what changed. I recently updated to Inner Space version 1.19 build 7047 and ISBoxer 42.18.1026.1, and did an export to Inner Space while trying to troubleshoot this issue.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:24 pm

Re: Tilt wheel / Bump wheel input is blocked

Any software that needs to interact with the game (e.g. to assist your programmable mouse buttons) will need to Run as Administrator, since you have Inner Space (and therefore the game as well) running as Administrator.

That is to say, run XBMC as Administrator, and it should work fine :)
<<

Sorcerer

Post Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:57 pm

lax wrote:Any software that needs to interact with the game (e.g. to assist your programmable mouse buttons) will need to Run as Administrator, since you have Inner Space (and therefore the game as well) running as Administrator.

That is to say, run XBMC as Administrator, and it should work fine :)

That's not it. The mouse's input is being blocked when launching the game via Inner Space. Any other application, including the game launched via bnet, works normally. What could have changed with ISBoxer or the game to cause this to break?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:18 pm

"That's not it" meaning, you tried this and it didn't work?

What could have changed with ISBoxer or the game to cause this to break?

Ermm... well, what mouse is it, specifically? ISBoxer natively supports some input devices, but I don't know of any reason why that would affect your ability to use XBMC. The answer for any other software has always been to Run as Administrator.
<<

Sorcerer

Post Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:28 pm

Running as administrator makes no difference. The mouse is a Logitech G502.
<<

Sorcerer

Post Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:51 pm

As a workaround, I've been launching my main window via the bnet launcher without ISBoxer, but this is still an issue for me. This seems like a compatibility issue with D2R and needs some developer attention.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:05 pm

To me that sounds more like compatibility between Inner Space and XBMC, not D2R. Do you get the same behavior when using the Logitech software for mapping instead of XBMC?

It might be helpful to grab us a Compatibility Diagnostics from ISBoxer's Help menu, from a running instance of D2R launched normally (with XBMC operating)

This might surprise you as well but because Inner Space supports the G502 natively, you can also map it via ISBoxer instead of XBMC.
<<

Sorcerer

Post Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:40 am

lax wrote:To me that sounds more like compatibility between Inner Space and XBMC, not D2R. Do you get the same behavior when using the Logitech software for mapping instead of XBMC?

It might be helpful to grab us a Compatibility Diagnostics from ISBoxer's Help menu, from a running instance of D2R launched normally (with XBMC operating)

This might surprise you as well but because Inner Space supports the G502 natively, you can also map it via ISBoxer instead of XBMC.

Thanks for the follow up. Here is a link to the compatibility diagnostic taken after launching D2R from IS (not sure if you meant to launch without IS): https://pastebin.com/v11Y1vB5

I tried creating a new mapped key through ISBoxer, but the Hotkey Picker doesn't recognize the tilt wheel inputs. I can still select Mouse4 and Mouse5 by pressing those buttons on the Hotkey Picker dialog, but not the wheel inputs. I see it's possible to manually select up to Mouse8, but the Logitech software labels those right and left inputs as G10 and G11.

Speaking of Logitech software, I found that it does indeed capture the tilt wheel inputs after launching D2R from IS, but G-Hub doesn't seem to support the specific macro I'm trying to create, so that's not viable as a workaround.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:51 am

but G-Hub doesn't seem to support the specific macro I'm trying to create, so that's not viable as a workaround.

That does at least confirm the compatibility question though, thank you.

Does this diagnostic have XBMC? It doesn't look like it to me? The question I wanted to answer by seeing diagnostics with it operating, is if it is loading a DLL into the game that I need to support differently; without it running the question is unanswered and I can't provide the fix. So please, a diagnostic from D2R with XBMC, with or without Inner Space :)

I tried creating a new mapped key through ISBoxer, but the Hotkey Picker doesn't recognize the tilt wheel inputs. I can still select Mouse4 and Mouse5 by pressing those buttons on the Hotkey Picker dialog, but not the wheel inputs. I see it's possible to manually select up to Mouse8, but the Logitech software labels those right and left inputs as G10 and G11.

ISBoxer Toolkit won't recognize all of the same buttons as Inner Space does.

This confusion of keys working differently in Inner Space than in ISBoxer Toolkit should kind of go away with ISBoxer 2 (currently in open alpha), since the configuration is done within Inner Space instead of a separate program.

What you'd be looking for in the drop-down is names prefixed with a short name of your device. The G502 buttons will be listed under "G502-xxxxx". I believe you are looking for "G502-ScrollLeft" and "G502-ScrollRight". And again these hotkeys should be recognized while playing, but not in ISBoxer Toolkit.
<<

Sorcerer

Post Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:10 pm

Does this diagnostic have XBMC?

Yes, the executable name is XMouseButtonControl.exe. See the following line:

Code:
155. XMouseButtonControl.exe - Process ID: 10444 (C:\Program Files\Highresolution Enterprises\X-Mouse Button Control\XMouseButtonControl.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [2.19.2] [Highresolution Enterprises] [X-Mouse Button Control]

Make sure you're not confusing XMBC with XBMC since it's a similar acronym.

What you'd be looking for in the drop-down is names prefixed with a short name of your device. The G502 buttons will be listed under "G502-xxxxx". I believe you are looking for "G502-ScrollLeft" and "G502-ScrollRight". And again these hotkeys should be recognized while playing, but not in ISBoxer Toolkit.

Thanks for pointing those out. I created a key map for G502-ScrollLeft and also added one for Mouse5 (which was already working as expected) just to test if the key map was being applied properly. Bump wheel input didn't work after launching through IS, but neither did Mouse5. The software intercepted the button press (i.e. preventing the game from seeing it) but wouldn't send my test keys to the window. I have "Window: Current" as the action selection and I think I've mapped the key map to the charater set correctly, but maybe this is a separate issue. Any thoughts?
Next

Return to General