FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Double typing with keymaps off

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Conruse

Post Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:46 pm

Double typing with keymaps off

Lavish did an update yesterday and I am getting double keys when typing even with keymaps off. Does ISBoxer need an update as well to adjust for it?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:03 pm

Re: Double typing with keymaps off

There is nothing in the update that should cause that.

As a test, you can revert to a prior build using the History option in the Patcher.

The listbox here is oldest at the top, so scroll down to the bottom.

Last live was 6921. Current live is 6947. You may have have been running a dev build. Your previous install would normally be the second to last (depends on how often you switch builds).
<<

Conruse

Post Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:00 am

Thanks I will look into it. My macro for inviting my team not working is a real pain in the butt because it goes //iinviitee something like that.
<<

Conruse

Post Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:45 pm

Yeah rolling it back fixed it thanks. I guess I will just have to skip the most recent update and wait for the next one.
<<

bob

Post Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:23 pm

Ok, it is not something we've had any other reports on so it is a bit of a mystery.

Can you provide the name of the game and which version/build you had installed when you got the issue (the installed build would be the last item in the Patcher History).
<<

Conruse

Post Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:53 pm

Bob,

I apologize I just saw your response. I am playing DDO. There was a major patch that busted a few things with a mod I was using so I am playing around with some settings right now. Once I get it working again, I will let you know if the live version is still messed up or not.
<<

Conruse

Post Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:13 pm

bob wrote:Ok, it is not something we've had any other reports on so it is a bit of a mystery.

Can you provide the name of the game and which version/build you had installed when you got the issue (the installed build would be the last item in the Patcher History).

I am playing DDO and using version 6969. Currently I am not suffering from double typing with keymaps off. It keeps asking me to update but I just skip it because I am unsure if it will mess up the typing again.
<<

bob

Post Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:43 pm

Conruse wrote:Currently I am not suffering from double typing with keymaps off.
That is normal. I would not expect to have double typing with Key Maps off unless there were mapped keys that were not turned off (which is possible).

Same deal as before. If you are running the bleeding edge (i.e. running dev builds) and stuff goes wrong because of it, you can use the patch history to revert to a previously installed build. We do like to know about unexpected bahaviours, so reporting something going wrong with a specific dev build is always helpful, especially if we get details on how to reproduce it.

Return to General