FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Turn off Controller Broadcast?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BLiNk077

Post Mon May 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Turn off Controller Broadcast?

Hello, I'm just getting into using a controller in Diablo 2 Resurrected, and I know how to turn off broadcasting etc, but it doesn't seem to affect the controller. I can use the mouse and have nothing broadcasting, but if I pick up that controller all 3 of my screens are getting the input. How do I turn off / toggle broadcasting for the controller?

Another side question I have, is that when I create a profile and uncheck the box so that my games don't start with broadcasting on, it doesn't seem to matter. I have to manually turn broadcasting on/off on each screen to have it off. Can someone explain that?

Many thanks! =)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 09, 2022 7:59 pm

Re: Turn off Controller Broadcast?

You will probably need to untick this option on the character set.

For the second, it depends on how you launch the team. If you load the Character Set, and go through all the startup, only when the Last character is loaded then it will disable broadcasting for all.

If you untick these options on the Repeater Profile that will stop broadcasting from defaulting to On altogether.
<<

BLiNk077

Post Mon May 09, 2022 10:49 pm

I appreciate the input. If I am understanding you here--you're saying that I should uncheck 'Make game believe its s foreground window' ? It's on by default. I'll uncheck that and see how things go.

*Edit* You are a hero. That did it. Bravo!
<<

BLiNk077

Post Mon May 09, 2022 11:28 pm

Now, any idea why I'm getting no sound? I used to have sound out of this, I thought, without having to mess with anything? I just want sound from the main window.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 10, 2022 6:03 am

If the "make game believe it is foreground" option is not ticked, the game will behave as it always does with sound.
Normally the only reason it doesn't play sound in that case is
  1. the game knows it is in the background and this disables the sound itself
  2. the Windows Audio Mixer channel for that game instance is muted

If it happens to be number 2. then make sure the option "Mute background game window auto...." is unchecked (just above the make game believe it is foreground option), otherwise you will not have a good time attempting to unmute the window as it will be in the background when you use the audio mixer controls.
<<

BLiNk077

Post Tue May 10, 2022 2:01 pm

I'm a clown. My sound was being sent to my monitor, which is muted, and I don't want. Thanks so much for the help! You saved my career fighting hell's minions!!

Return to General