FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Second window is laggy

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kruszkush

Post Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:57 pm

Second window is laggy

Diablo 2 Resurrected, have two windows each one on different monitor. It works flawlessly, but if I click on one window then the other one lags as hell, dropping fps to 1.
When I click on the window that is lagging, then it works fine. So basically whichever window is in the background then it lags.

// Windowed

If I untick any of those, nothing changes
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:27 am

Re: Second window is laggy

That is setting a maximum FPS, not a minimum. Unticking will turn that option off, at which point it will revert to the defaults provided by Inner Space, which are 60/30, and are again, maximums. None of which explains 1 FPS which is below the Maximum, so the limiter has no effect.

1 FPS will be due to some other reason.

Which could be.

• Game settings - games have FPS controls, also overly high graphics settings not able to be run by the hardware when you have multiple copies.
  • Resource issues - monitor your hardware resources. Task Manager/Open Hardware Monitor/RTSS etc.
  • 3rd party software interfering. Some initial choices are Razer Synapse Game Control/GeForce Experience/Windows Game Mode, which are all known to specifically "favour" a foreground game window when they are enabled to do so. Could also be some other reasons for 3rd party software, but they're reasonable starts.
  • Other things noted here https://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

Return to General