FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Distorted Text & Innacurate Mouse Position

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lodestar

Post Fri May 28, 2021 12:24 am

Distorted Text & Innacurate Mouse Position

Greetings! I have a very frustrating issue with isboxer when launching Everquest. I believe the core issue I'm having could be diagnosed by two issues that are occurring simultaneously: (1) The text on my game rendering's screen (Everquest) is not clear and distorted in places, and (2) When hovering the cursor over GUI buttons, you can tell there is a disconnect in where the cursor is and what's highlighting in realtime or activating (i.e., the cursor will activate buttons even when it's not on them). The cursor activates buttons 100 pixels above where it should. Further, I can see the effects of invisible grid lines throughout the picture (like squares) where the text is distorted. The distorted text directly follows these grid lines, and they are most noticeable when you slowly move the screen around which creates the indirect effects of the grid lines. Also worth noting that I've attempted to disable "Ignore Taskbar" multiple times; it doesn't work; and I see the entire game window shift up about 100 pixels every time it launches, which is about the same distance the cursor is off on activating GUI buttons in-game. I've tried literally every option with swapping on/off, VideoFX, manually setting the exact same window resolution as what the game is running, etc. Any ideas?
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (77.94 KiB) Viewed 5182 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 29, 2021 1:08 am

Re: Distorted Text & Innacurate Mouse Position

This is usually a disconnect between the games resolution and what ISBoxer thinks it is. Usually ISBoxer will attempt to set the game to run at a specific resolution and update the games eqclient.ini files to match, however this does not always work.

You may need to update the eqclient-CHARNAME.ini files manually to match the Window Layout resolution. This will normally be the size of the main region in your Window Layout, which you can check under Window Layouts, and selecting the Regions node. This is usually a bit of a pain, and requires a couple of restarts.

Return to General