Game crashing on Launch from Inner Space - Specific char set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

brwn253

Post Tue May 25, 2021 12:20 pm

Game crashing on Launch from Inner Space - Specific char set

Hello!

Game: Wow TBC Classic

So I go to Inner Space and go to launch my character set (was working pre-patch), the first instance of the game opens as it should, it goes to "place" itself in slot 1 window layout like it should, but then it freezes. The other slots don't attempt to launch, and the game shuts down and I'm back at the desktop. Same if I try to go slot by slot. It just freezes and shuts the game down.

Any ideas? I haven't tried Isboxer since TBC Pre-Patch.

Other character sets work.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 25, 2021 3:48 pm

Re: Game crashing on Launch from Inner Space - Specific char set

Chances are there is something in the Config-CHARNAME.wtf for the character that is crashing.
You can compare the config-charname.wtf for that character with a working one and figure out the difference and fix, or if you are not fussed, you can delete it, and let it be recreated on next launch.
<<

brwn253

Post Tue May 25, 2021 10:01 pm

Thanks bob. I tried it after work and everything is working.. I did restart - could have been just that?

Either way, all good. THANKS for the reply!
<<

tommyguntragedy

Post Thu May 27, 2021 10:23 pm

I am having this same problem but restarting the computer doesn't solve it. I have cross posted to other forums and have not received any help. I go to launch my character set and ever since TBC pre-patch innerspace crashes. When I launch the character set it is clear that it launches the first client and attempts to resize the client, when trying to resize it "freezes" and then ultimately crashes and of course no more clients get launched. This is incredibly frustrating, my guess is this has something to do with blizz changing out clients, the client that runs now during pre-patch is NOT the same client that we've been running the entirety of classic. Any suggestions? I have deleted all the Config-CHARACTERNAME.WTF files, that didn't change anything. ANY HELP is much appreciated.
<<

tommyguntragedy

Post Thu May 27, 2021 10:46 pm

Okay so, I got desperate and just start screwing around with Inner Space. I loaded up the Patcher from inner space and started randomly selecting versions of the software to install. And low and behold I got a build that WORKS. To anybody else who is having trouble since TBC pre-patch, install v1.18 Build 6783 ISXDK v35 of inner space... voila..
<<

brwn253

Post Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:26 pm

Thanks for this Tommy. I just switched to another computer and backed up my isboxer config from my old computer (that still works fine) and got this issue again ONLY on the new computer. Yeah it sucks.

I had Live 1.16 installed and it was the latest version. Installing Development 1.18 worked for me. I would not have checked this without your input to thank you!
<<

tommyguntragedy

Post Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:40 am

No problem. Enjoy boxing :)

Return to General