FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Process priority?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Berserker

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:51 am

Process priority?

Is there anyway that IS / ISBoxer can programmatically set the process priority (or just allow priority to be set manually)? Right now, I can run my game (Rift) outside of IS and set its priority manually via task manager. However, I can't manually set the priority via TM for the game instances spawned by IS (nor can I set the priority or affinity for IS).

If there is no way at present, could you please consider it for a future update?

TIA!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 am

Re: Process priority?

Sure, I'll keep that in mind for future development

As far as setting it for processes spawned by IS, if Task Manager isn't letting you do this there should be a "Show processes from all users" in the bottom left corner. Enabling this will elevate Task Manager to Administrator permissions, which will allow you to set the priority or whatever else :)
<<

Berserker

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:35 am

Re: Process priority?

lax wrote:Sure, I'll keep that in mind for future development

As far as setting it for processes spawned by IS, if Task Manager isn't letting you do this there should be a "Show processes from all users" in the bottom left corner. Enabling this will elevate Task Manager to Administrator permissions, which will allow you to set the priority or whatever else :)

Awesome! Thank you.

Return to General