FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

configuration problem HighDPIAware

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kiizze

Post Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:16 pm

configuration problem HighDPIAware

Hi Have been using ISBoxer successfully for years on my desktop and laptop. Just recently purchased a new Lenovo HiTower Legion and when I install ISBoxer it has a notification that says Application not compatible "HighDPIAware" - I can get ISBoxer to run but the icons are so small that it is impossible to play. I have tried installing with display at 100% 175% 300% etc, but it is always the same small icons. Yet when I run the normal EQ launchpad the icons are fine. It also will not add a launch button to the desktop. Very frustrating as I bought the new tower to add speed to multiboxing and it won't work
Attachments
ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML
(271.16 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:22 am

Re: configuration problem HighDPIAware

This is usually a "I have a small physical sized 4K monitor" type problem. Generally anything under 40" at 4K pixels will end up with tiny views. You can set windows to be higher than 100% for it's display scaling, but you will also need to then set some other settings as noted here https://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#My_game_wi ... in_ISBoxer
<<

kiizze

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:25 pm

screen is a 55 inch tv and it works with my older computer which has isboxer loaded
<<

bob

Post Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:12 pm

kiizze wrote:screen is a 55 inch tv and it works with my older computer which has isboxer loaded

I'm not sure how that has any bearing on what I posted already. Different computer, different settings.

Same thing applies. Check the Windows Display Scaling settings. Either set it to 100% or if needed, use the other options outlined on the WIKI.
<<

kiizze

Post Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:17 am

ok I did that and no change - also it still won't put a launch button on the desktop
<<

bob

Post Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:54 am

Get a compatibility diagnostic. Probably need to remove some application compatibility settings from ISBoxer at least. Maybe the game too.
https://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics#Ho ... Diagnostic

Not sure about the desktop icon thing. There is no specific reason why that wouldn't be working short of no permissions to do so.
<<

kiizze

Post Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:12 pm

<<

bob

Post Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:03 pm

The only thing set is the HighDPIAware flag on EverQuest. You can try removing that, and hopefully that will resolve.
<<

kiizze

Post Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:41 pm

I don't know how to do that - I overrode the HighDPI setting in compatability in both eq.exe and launchpad and no change - is there any other way?
<<

bob

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:17 am

The idea was to remove settings, not add them. You can either edit the registry and remove the entry, or find the executable (D:\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\Everquest\eqgame.exe), right click, select properties, and untick the DPI options. There should be no compatibility options set.

If that doesn't help, then it will probably be necessary to recheck a bunch of settings.
1. Display Scaling,
2. Compatibility Options,
3. if you have started using a Window Layout,
4. What Windows thinks your monitor resolution is, vs what the TV is actually displaying at,
5. Whether you get the same issue with an actual 4K monitor (if possible - TV's can be weird sometimes)
6. whether there are any WIn10 "drivers" for the TV.
7. What resolution the game is attempting to set (check the eqclient-charname.ini files) and what window mode

Maybe change tack and track down why the shortcut icon cannot be created. Seems unrelated, but it is a simple task so the fact it is not being created is a bit odd, and maybe resolving that will help resolve this other issue. Nothing in the diagnostic stood out as a reason for it to not work, so I'd only be able to think of a permission related issue, or something odd with the desktop settings and the icon is being placed out of view somewhere (virtual desktops?).
Next

Return to General