FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISboxer overrides AutoHotKey setting (NumLock always-on)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kvast

Post Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:43 am

ISboxer overrides AutoHotKey setting (NumLock always-on)

I'm an ISboxer newbie.

I'm lefthanded which means I use the keypad and the surrounding keys (arrows, ins, home.. etc). To avoid that I accidently press NumLock so NUM 0-9 change keyboard layout I use AutoHotKey with NumLock coded in a permanent on-state. So the led on the keyboard for the NumLock key is always on no matter how many times I press it. :)

When I start ISboxer it overrides the permanent state of numLock and brings it back to normal on/off state. This affects the gameplay when I have ISboxer running while I test and play with my ISboxer settings. To avoid this I have to quit ISboxer before I start multiboxing and start a Character Set through the Inner Space app in the systray.

[TL;DR]
ISboxer overrides the permanent NumLock state while ISboxer is running.

Can I avoid this somehow without shutting down ISboxer everytime I want to multibox?

[edit]
Oh well. Now even the Inner Space app overrides the permanent NumLock on-state so NumLock is rendered nearly useless. :|
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:26 am

Re: ISboxer overrides AutoHotKey setting (NumLock always-on)

It's probably more that ISBoxer runs as Admin, and so does InnerSpace, and thus so do any processes they launch, like games.

If your AHK is not running as admin, it will need to be.
<<

kvast

Post Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:34 pm

Re: ISboxer overrides AutoHotKey setting (NumLock always-on)

Of course! You are right. Thank you for your help. :)

I made an exe out of my script, properties -> run as admin, and made a new basic task in the task scheduler. Perfect!

Return to General