FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mister thicky (me) newbie needs help on multiple computers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sedmonds

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Mister thicky (me) newbie needs help on multiple computers

Hi,

Hope someone can help me with setting up ISBoxer with 2 computers, I've managed to get things running with a single computer but would like to use 2.

I'm confused with the guide which says to create 2 character sets, 1 for each computer. But, if I do that and replicate the configuration to the second computer it will overwrite it.

Could someone please explain what needs to be in the character set configuration?

e.g.

I want to have 1 character on each computer, so I create one character set, with names Primaryname, Secondaryname (where Primaryname is first computer character, Secondaryname is second computer character).

Do I therefor create 2 character sets, one on each computer, containing Primaryname, Secondaryname?

Please help, I've read the guide but its very confusing!

Kind regards,
Si.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Mister thicky (me) newbie needs help on multiple computers

I do need to rewrite this guide to be less confusing..

What you are missing is that the guide specifically says both up top (in the Overview) and in the step by step process (#5, #7 and other places) that you will have the same configuration on all of your PCs, and you will do all of the configuring from the main PC.

So yes, like the guide says, you make 2 Character Sets, and you make them in the same configuration, which gets pushed to the second PC. Both PCs will have a full copy of your configuration, so both PCs will know everything about what you set up. You just have Character Sets that are assigned, in your configuration, to the two different PCs to form your full team.

Do I therefor create 2 character sets, one on each computer, containing Primaryname, Secondaryname?

NO. you create one FOR each computer, NOT on each computer. #7 specifically says:

Create a Character Set for each PC (not on each PC; again, all of this configuration is done on your main PC)
<<

sedmonds

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Thank you for your assistance, can you please clarify the character set contents for each computer.

Both character names in each character set?

Thanks,
Si.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:56 pm

A Character Set defines exactly which Characters will be present on a given PC. The first thing you need to do is decide which Characters will run on the main PC, and which will run on the second PC. If you have two Characters, you choose one for the main PC, to go in a Character Set that has 1 Character in it; and one for the slave PC, to go in a second Character Set that has 1 Character in it. You will have two Character Sets, each with one Character in it. These two Character Sets will be linked together to form your full team that covers 2 PCs.
<<

sedmonds

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Thank you muchly!!!! :-)

Return to General