FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW - Multiple sets of [5 characters] - Char Sets needed?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cyclone Duke

Post Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:01 pm

WoW - Multiple sets of [5 characters] - Char Sets needed?

Hey team,
Thanks for your support and passion in the multiboxing field.

My previous routine before ISBoxer:
I have 5 accounts in World of Warcraft. Each account, has 3 characters on it.
3 Teams, each with 5 characters on it.
I logged into those 5 account simultaneously, killed a boss with those 5 characters, then logged out and onto a different bunch of 5 characters on those same 5 accounts, and killed the same boss. Then I log another set of 5 different characters on the same accounts, etc.

I run the content on those 5 characters, all set up in ISBoxer, all fine. Now it's time

Problem:
Now that I am using ISBoxer - when relogging between characters - the game complains to me that "ISBoxer expected [CHARACTER A] in this window, but it's not [CHARACTER A]! Some stuff might not function!"
I am launching the games by right-clicking Innerspace, selecting a character set (one of the multiple teams of characters I run). It launches with my nice, custom window layout and I run it fine on that first set of characters - but then relogging to any other set of characters I'll get that error message from the addon.

My question:
Do I need to create 3 total "Character Sets" in ISBoxer of 5 characters in each time, I need to shut down the game, and re-launch it, every time I swap character sets? Instead of a quick re-log keeping all the game accounts logged in - it needs to be entirely re-launched? That's a lot of fuss when I could (hopefully) just re-log to the other characters - but somehow keep the "Follow Me on active window" functionality.

Previously before I had ISBoxer, I used macros on my action bar to /follow my main character (with the macro including commands to /follow basically ANY character that appears on my main account). So I'd log onto a team - quickly tab to each game client, press 1 to hit the /follow macro, then onto my main character to run around, kill boss etc.

I really like to use ISBoxer because the old way before it had me needing to tab in and out of windows. But if I just relog and don't close and re-launch the games all again... the "Follow active window's character" function won't work because I think that's hard-tied to character sets, and you can only swap character sets by completely re-launching the games... I think?

TL;DR
- Can I make the "Follow me" key mapping/function "Character Set-agnostic"?
- Or if that is not possible; Can I swap between "character sets" - without relaunching the games?

Thanks for any reply : )
<<

Mad-Duke

Post Thu May 07, 2020 9:04 am

Re: WoW - Multiple sets of [5 characters] - Char Sets needed?

Sometimes one of my characters crashes or lags out and I have to force the window closed.
I click innerspace > character set > [my team]
It doesn't reload all of them just the missing character/s I need.

Note: Have not tried, as I currently only have one team, but...

Try just using innerspace > character set > [2nd team] and see what happens.

I imagine, that it would just check to see what clients are missing and fill in those holes, then you log in?

Return to General