FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to setup Mouse Broadcast without Key Broadcast

Moderator: MiRai

<<

JClay

Post Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:33 pm

How to setup Mouse Broadcast without Key Broadcast

Hello,

I am very new to multiboxing. I am working on a node gathering team of 3. I am trying to get it to "interact with mouseover," however I can only get it to do so if I turn on mouse broadcasting, which also seems to turn on key broadcasting, so my followers quickly stop following and start moving to the keystrokes. I know this should not be the case and am unsure how to resolve this to allow me to mouse over nodes without broadcasting keystrokes.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:12 pm

Re: How to setup Mouse Broadcast without Key Broadcast

The simple method is to put a hotkey on the mapped key for ISB42 - ALways On, Activate Mouse Repeat. This only does the mouse.

The other versions if using the in game Interact With Mouseover keybind, is shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoG_JeuI4Fo&t=284s
<<

JClay

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:49 pm

Thank you for the response. I have got the mouse only repeating working now. I am trying now to do what that video shows to do for "method 3" which I tried before you linked it, thought I followed it to a T, but did not work. Now I have a friend who codes and understands this stuff more than I do, and we watched the video multiple times, reinstalled ISboxer to get a fully fresh start, seemed to have followed the video to a T and does not work. Pressing my interact with mouseover hotkey, which should, from what we understand, repeat the cursor momentarily to all windows, adjust camera angles and interact with mouseover. However, this all only occurs on the main window and does not repeat at all... so stumped at this point.
<<

bob

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:53 pm

If only one window does things, and not others, then it is usually targets.

Method 3 as per that video.

1. In the game, set a keybind for Interact With Mouseover (IN THE GAME! - remember to disable Key Maps when doing so)
  2. In the top left of the toolkit. Select Game Helpers -> World of Warcraft
  3. In the lower left, right click on Quick Setup 42, select New WoW Macro. Name it SetView
  4. In the commands box, enter "/script SetView(4);SetView(4)" (w/o the quotes)
  5. Set a Key Combination on the macro. This will be used to trigger the macro. It is effectively the In Game Keybind.
  6. In the top left, select Key Maps -> ISB42 Custom Hotkeys
  7. In the lower left, right click the Mapped Keys node and select New Mapped Key. Give it a name.
  8. Set a Hotkey on it. You will press this to trigger this mapped key
  9. Expand out the steps and select Step 1
  10. Then right click the Actions node on the lower right, Keystroke Actions -> Named World of Warcraft Macro Action
  11. In the options to the right, set the Target to "Window:All w/ Current"
  12. Then click on the < on the right of the WoW Macro box, and Select your SetView macro
  13. Then right click the Actions node on the lower right again, select Sync Cursor Action
  14. Set the Target box so it says "Window:All w/ Current"
  15. Then right click the Actions node on the lower right, select Keystroke Actions -> Keystroke Action
  16. Set the Target box so it says "Window:All w/ Current"
  17. Then click the < button for the Key Combination, and set your in game keybind you set for your Interact With Mouseover (step 1).
  18. Export to InnerSpace
  19. If necessary (because you haven't restarted the game instances), /reloadui in game
<<

JClay

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:18 pm

Okay, I have gotten further. The video had an incorrect setting at 4:39, his target was set to "W/O Current" instead of "W Current." When I press my hotkey, it now causes the cursor to appear on all other screens. IT does not however interact with the target. I am not sure if this is now an ISboxer setting issue or WoW keybinding issue? I am currently using Shift+E as my hotkey.
<<

bob

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:38 pm

It's doesn't Interact With Target. It Interacts With Mouseover (a different in game bind). So the mouse needs to be over the item on all windows. This means, depending on where your toons are standing, the mouse will be over somewhere different in each window. For gathering this usually means practicing the run up to the node, aiming high on the main, and the followers will be low, but hopefully lined it.

JClay wrote:The video had an incorrect setting at 4:39, his target was set to "W/O Current" instead of "W Current."
This is not actually wrong. I specifically differed to the video so even the main window would reset it's view with the macro as well, so it should hopefully show up any necessary adjustments.
<<

JClay

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:47 pm

The mouse cursors all line up on the target, but they do not interact with it, actually, none of the windows are interacting, including the main window... Should the keybinding in WoW for Interact with Mouseover be set to the same hotkey combo?
<<

bob

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:05 pm

The Interact With Mouseover in game bind, should be set to whatever you put in the mapped key where it said in the instructions to set the Keystroke Action. If these two things don't match, it doesn't work.

5 steps up from the bottom...
Then right click the Actions node on the lower right, select Keystroke Actions -> Keystroke Action
Set the Target box so it says "Window:All w/ Current"
Then click the < button for the Key Combination, and set your in game keybind you set for your Interact With Mouseover.
<<

JClay

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:23 pm

Okay, so here is what I am seeing through tests. If the keybind in WoW is the same as the one I input in ISBoxer, it will not interact with mouseover whatsoever. While in-game in WoW, if I change the keybind to something else, it will interact with mouseover, but without the repeating and camera adjustment obviously. Somehow somewhere, ISBoxer is canceling or interfering with the mouseover keybind within WoW?

EDIT: In WoW, if I change the keybind to something else and then back to the one I have in ISBoxer, a red error appears in WoW "Click ISBoxerMacro 1 1:LeftButton Function is Now Unbound!"
<<

bob

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:25 pm

your mouseover bind in game is a key right, and not a mouse button.....

It also sounds like you have an ISBoxer Macro setup on a mouse button too?
Next

Return to General