FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Too many toons breaks key maps?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

viva

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:40 am

Too many toons breaks key maps?

Hey! I only started playing around with ISBoxer a few hours ago, but I was curious about an issue that came up. Sorry if this is obviously fixed, but I wasn't sure how to phrase it and googling didn't help.

I wanted to log in as many accounts as possible into a wow private server, but I noticed that making a character set with too many (around 30 I think) makes it so that the key commands to follow and assist not work. Is there a way around this or is this just a limit with the program?

Thank you.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:49 am

Re: Too many toons breaks key maps?

The limit is currently about 500. People have successfully run 60+ on a single computer.

If you are having trouble with things not working after loading a particular amount of instances, it is usually a lack of CPU time. Mostly, if you dont use the "All CPUs for All Games" CPU strategy, then the games end up starved for CPU time, and thus don't respond to input.
<<

viva

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Hey, thank you for the reply!

So here's my progress: my initial trouble (key commands not working at all) was indeed because of something I overlooked in my newbie-ness, so I now have my mass of characters/instances following and assisting and working properly... except for one. It's not an issue of improper keybinds in-game or cpu starving (instances run great and there's no lag or stuttering, my pc is pretty strong). For some reason, slot 1 can command every other slot to follow, except for slot 31 which won't. It will however assist (interact with npcs and such). Likewise, Slot 31 can't command any other slot (1-45 checked), but it can command assist. This isn't unique to slot 31 - every slot above 24 cannot command follow, or command assist for that matter.

If that was all, I'd assume again that there's something wrong I'm doing on my end (some keybind I've overlooked or some mistake I'm making)... except slot 3, 4, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 22 work perfectly. They can command follow and assist all other characters, even finicky slot 31 which ignores slot 1 (and a handful of other slots which can command all others except for 31).

Can someone point my in the direction of what my issue might be?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:45 pm

ISBoxer's configuration of the WoW macros for Follow and Assist will only support upto 26 toons, if you are using a US keyboard layout, and not one which has the old AltGr key.
If it were to attempt to write out a macro that supported upto 63 toons, you would hit the macro text limit of 1023 characters at about toon 24. This does depend on toon name length, but even at three characters each, the name length will only allow you to get to about 28.

So. We took the approach of if you are really going into mass multiboxing, and want to run your own blood posse, it is up to you to learn what the game can and can't do, and how to configure it to suit your needs.
Last edited by bob on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: characters shmaracters... toons vs characters
<<

viva

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:02 pm

Thank you for the answer! 25 should be fine, that's the raid size I'm hoping to try. More would have been nice for convenience and simultaneously leveling, but I'll not lose sleep over it.

Return to General