FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

(WoW-BFA) Useing layouts crash my game

Moderator: MiRai

<<

snott

Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:52 pm

(WoW-BFA) Useing layouts crash my game

Hey there, sorry new to this stuff, but when I try a window layout from the wizard menu I start it up it loads up the first game then crashes when starting up the second account but when I do it without any layouts it works just fine, any idea on how to use the layout for a fast swap. Been trying to fix this all day.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:27 pm

Re: (WoW-BFA) Useing layouts crash my game

We are working on a better fix, but the workaround is to run the games in Windowed Fullscreen.

From Discord PINs
A known issue occurs when using WIndowed mode. You need the games to be in Windowed Fullscreen mode. You also need the game to not specify a Windowed resolution. There are settings in the CONFIG-CHARNAME.WTF files that need to be checked.
SET gxMaximize "1"

The other is SET gxWindowResolution this one needs to be REMOVED from the files. If you have the Latest Update to the ISBoxer toolkit, it will ask you if it can FIX this one when you export your profile. The correct answer is YES. The gxMaximize you may need to check yourself if it is not already there, or not set to 1.

There are some posts for Classic on this too viewtopic.php?p=48572#p48572, but it appears Blizzard waited a couple of weeks and have now rolled out the same level of mistrust of their own settings files into BFA.
<<

tanro

Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:31 pm

How do you change these settings?

EDIT

So I dont have either of these setting in my wtf files for my characters... Be nice to get some help with this, especially since the other guy been dealing with this like 4 hours longer than I have.

Edit: Fix for me was

Navigate in Finder/File Explorer to world of warcraft installation, open WTF folder, OPEN Config-"characterName", Use search to ensure "SET gxMaximize "1"" is not present, if it is not present, paste it at the end of the file save and close. You need to do this for every character.
Last edited by tanro on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

snott

Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Thank you for the reply! I will try and see if that will work, thanks!
<<

tanro

Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:55 pm

Snott I fixed mine, see the edit.
<<

snott

Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Thank you tanro I think this works! just did a real fast setup and it didn't crash! thank you! and everyone for the help.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:24 pm

especially since the other guy been dealing with this like 4 hours longer than I have.
I think the other guy may be having a separate issue which has the same symptoms.
<<

amshak

Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:09 pm

Same problem and the work around mentioned above does not work for me.
I stopped playing classic because using a left handed mouse throws it out of whack.
Now I cannot even launch retail.
I'm relatively new to ISBoxer and I find this very frustrating.
<<

amshak

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 am

bob wrote:We are working on a better fix, but the workaround is to run the games in Windowed Fullscreen.

From Discord PINs
A known issue occurs when using WIndowed mode. You need the games to be in Windowed Fullscreen mode. You also need the game to not specify a Windowed resolution. There are settings in the CONFIG-CHARNAME.WTF files that need to be checked.
SET gxMaximize "1"

The other is SET gxWindowResolution this one needs to be REMOVED from the files. If you have the Latest Update to the ISBoxer toolkit, it will ask you if it can FIX this one when you export your profile. The correct answer is YES. The gxMaximize you may need to check yourself if it is not already there, or not set to 1.

There are some posts for Classic on this too viewtopic.php?p=48572#p48572, but it appears Blizzard waited a couple of weeks and have now rolled out the same level of mistrust of their own settings files into BFA.

I'm trying to work through this again to figure out what i'm doing wrong... i can see the CONFIG-CHARNAME.WTF file but i am not able to view it or make changes to it. any suggestions?
<<

snott

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:03 pm

there are a few programming software your can opening it up with but i used word pad lol
Next

Return to General