FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Velassra

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:15 am

Mouse issue

Hi, just started using ISBoxer today, I seem to be having issues with the mouse. On the main screen, it runs fine, but on the alt screen it seems to be off elsewhere. Generally, where the mouse will click is to the right and abit down from where the cursor actually is. I'm really confused.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Mouse issue

1. What game are you playing?

2. Try switching to the dev build of Inner Space. Right click the Inner Space icon in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

3. If #2 doesn't help, try changing the game's windowed mode option (inside the game). The "best" setting for that depends entirely on the game; some are better in windowed mode, some are better in full screen mode (e.g. EVE).
<<

Velassra

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:38 am

lax wrote:1. What game are you playing?

2. Try switching to the dev build of Inner Space. Right click the Inner Space icon in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

3. If #2 doesn't help, try changing the game's windowed mode option (inside the game). The "best" setting for that depends entirely on the game; some are better in windowed mode, some are better in full screen mode (e.g. EVE).

I'm playing EQ. I was reading around abit and it seemed someone had a similar issue w/ LoTRO and seemed to have been fixed by switching screen resolutions around. I'll try your solution and get back to you. Thanks for the quick reply

Edit: Ok more specifically what seems to be happening: On the main screen, mouse tracks well, Cursor appears at the area to be clicked. On the alt screen, the Cursor is above and to the left of where it will actually click. It's most noticeable in the charcter select screen, but it also does it in-game.

As for Windowed, non-windowed, I had EQ set-up in Windowed mode aleardy, but I switched it back and let IS force it. I did this after I patched IS: v1.11 Build 5369.

Thanks, hope you know what I'm doing wrong:)
<<

Velassra

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Under the common issues from the Wiki for the Repeater:

"Fake cursor appears slightly above where it actually is
This is usually caused by a bug (e.g. with Lord of the Rings Online), and sometimes related to the "Remove border around main window" option in your Window Layout"

This actually seems to be the issue I'm having even though I'm trying EQ. What's the fix for it?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Well, I gave you the usual fixes. Make sure it's set up the same in each window as far as windowed mode and the in-game resolution.

As that tidbit mentioned though, you can also try unchecking an option in your Window Layout regarding the main window border. Select your Window Layout in the top pane, then the option is there in the bottom right.
<<

Velassra

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:17 pm

lax wrote:Well, I gave you the usual fixes. Make sure it's set up the same in each window as far as windowed mode and the in-game resolution.

As that tidbit mentioned though, you can also try unchecking an option in your Window Layout regarding the main window border. Select your Window Layout in the top pane, then the option is there in the bottom right.

The mouse is so out of alignment I can't even navigate it out over the button to pull up the options menu in game. I had to use the task manager to shut down EQ to even close the game.

As far as the Window layout suggestion, could you explain it to me in a different way, because maybe I'm not getting it?

Edit: I figured out what you meant by the Window layout. It's unchecked. No change.

What changes the issue a little bit is clicking once on the charcter select screen, the Broadcasting on/off button, by switching it on, the main window, the mouse cursor is above and left of where it will click, but aligns on the alts window.

Any firther suggestions?
<<

Velassra

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Well, I found out how to fix it on my own. Theres a video somewhere on Youtube w/ a guy having the same issues w/ the mouse but w/ Aion. His fix worked for me and his video was pretty simple to follow. I didn't see it in the video section here.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:44 pm

Velassra wrote:Well, I found out how to fix it on my own. Theres a video somewhere on Youtube w/ a guy having the same issues w/ the mouse but w/ Aion. His fix worked for me and his video was pretty simple to follow. I didn't see it in the video section here.

Was his name MiRai? :)
<<

Velassra

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:59 pm

MiRai wrote:
Velassra wrote:Well, I found out how to fix it on my own. Theres a video somewhere on Youtube w/ a guy having the same issues w/ the mouse but w/ Aion. His fix worked for me and his video was pretty simple to follow. I didn't see it in the video section here.

Was his name MiRai? :)

lol yours? Thanks man. Pretty good explanation, helped me alot. I'm really kinda stupid, and I was able to follow what ya meant.
<<

Berserker

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Can anyone provide a link to the video?
Next

Return to General