FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

assist not working anymore

Moderator: MiRai

<<

glenn1001

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:51 pm

assist not working anymore

settings can be found here: https://pastebin.com/iJd93Ryc

for some reason assist doesn't work anymore, can someone help me with that? (follow is still working
in base hotkeys, assist me is set to alt+a
in variable keystrokes, Assist FTL is set to backspace

if I press alt+a in my first wow window, then in all other windows the "=" sign is pressed (instead of backspace, which should be pressed if the setting Assist FTL is followed)
if I press in any other wow window, then in all windows except the first the "=" sign is also pressed, but in the first, backspace is pressed (so it seems the first window is working correctly)

if I try to assign keys to backspace in keybinds, then it tells me it's overwriting the FTLAssist, but again it seems that that key is not passed to the other windows, but the "=" sign is

the only new addon I installed since yesterday is bartender 4
also got a gamepad (razer tartarus v2) now and installed software for logitech g600 mouse
changed invate team to shift+alt+p and activate repeat to alt+p
I tried to export the settings to inner space again and restarted wow and innerspace software and isboxer toolbox, but that didn't work
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Re: assist not working anymore

There is nothing in the config that would indicate the problem.

The problem is more likely answered in the FAQ entry you were linked in Discord. https://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_recently ... 7t_work.3F

You believe = is being pressed. I suspect it is not. I suspect in game where you normally would have = bound, you have instead done as the above suggests, and bound SHIFT+BACKSPACE. As this might be in your Bartender Bar, then ISBoxer cannot override this if the Bartender addon is loading after ISBoxer (and there is no load order to addons, so it's pot luck there).
<<

glenn1001

Post Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:04 am

Re: assist not working anymore

Hello bob, first of all thanks for the very fast response.

The reason why I think = is being pressed is because if I put a spell on the action bar to the action which is assigned to =, then when I press alt + a, the other characters try to cast that spell.

But about the solution:
Yesterday I indeed found a hotkey set to shift+backspace, I unbound that key and pressed ok. I haven't checked for more hotkeys set to backspace, will check that this evening.
But on the FAQ it said that I only have to unbind it and then it should work. Is that correct? I don't need to reload the games, turn on/off addons, restart the games, export the profile or anything else.

Return to General