FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Basic Beginner Help Please

Moderator: MiRai

<<

silvercgu11

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:26 am

Basic Beginner Help Please

Hello,

I have one computer and would like to run two accounts but I cannot seem to find the very basic topics of which I need. I followed the tutorial and manually added my game which is in Beta to Innerspace. It launches the patcher but I have to input my password for the game to start and once ingame it is just the one account, nothing different except a fps meter and such in top left of screen.

1. I don't understand, I thought I could configure Isboxer to log in for me but I haven't found anything on passwords or even an understanding of how it would pull up two clients and log in for me.

Any Help Greatly Appreciated,
Thank You
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:13 am

Re: Basic Beginner Help Please

I don't understand, I thought I could configure Isboxer to log in for me but I haven't found anything on passwords

There are no current plans for ISBoxer to enter your passwords for you. There's no secure method for automatically entering your password for you, and even if there was it'd be different in every game because there's no real incentive for a standard.

What ISBoxer CAN do is help the game store/access information separately per character. For example, most games will store the last account that you used in some file, so ISBoxer can help keep a different copy of that file per account, so you don't have to enter the right account name each time ISBoxer launches a character.

It does NOT otherwise change the login process at all. Any interaction you had to do to log in beyond what the game was designed to store, you still have to do.

or even an understanding of how it would pull up two clients and log in for me.

Well, since you didn't mention the game you're playing I can't give you any game-specific tips or do any testing. So here's some information that may or may not help. :)

First I'll give you an understanding of how it would pull up two clients. The way it works is when you launch your ISBoxer Character Set it will launch the first game instance. Once the first game window is up (not a patcher) with Inner Space working properly (FPS indicator) and ISBoxer also working properly within that, ISBoxer will launch the next game instance. Whether this particular process works or not typically depends on the game and whether Inner Space and ISBoxer are working correctly with it.

One common reason why it would only launch a single window is if you specifically launched a single window instead of launching your team -- sometimes when I help people through the "it only launches one" issue it turns out they selected (for example) "World of Warcraft Default Profile" from the "World of Warcraft" submenu in the IS menu. Doing that would simply launch one instance of the game and completely disregard any configuration you did through ISBoxer, whereas selecting your team from the "ISBoxer Character Sets" submenu in the IS menu will correctly launch your team.

There are lots of fixes in the dev build of Inner Space that may or may not help with whichever game you're playing. Rift and Earthrise betas for sure. To try the dev build, right click the IS icon in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

Also, the Quick Start Guide is one of the most helpful resources for new users: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide (it doesn't go into any detail about this issue)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:14 am

Hah, didn't realize it was you again. Yeah try the dev build first of all ;)
<<

silvercgu11

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Thank You Again,

I input the names for my two characters (From two separate accounts) into the character setup and only "Default Rift Profile" is available and then launch through Innerspace. I always had the dev builds patched.

I then log in after it brings up the client, but my second account is not launched and I do not know how to make it acttive within the first acount that is running. Do I have to launch the game again with the second accounts information? In the setup it only asks for the characters I want to play at the same time, team name and game with the window setup option.

Thank You!
<<

Drelok

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Goto the video forum and I posted a video that shows how to set everything up
<<

silvercgu11

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Thank You!!!

It works, I had no idea about the Configuration Tab or that I had to log in twice, hehe. I decided to run one PC with two screens but the second screen only shows a small box for my char and I was hoping to cast at the same time on both chars, example being both press hotbar key #1 at same time, is this possible? Again thank you so much!!
<<

Drelok

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 pm

If you go into your window layout in ISBoxer and goto regions, you can remove extra spots, and resize the secondary.

I was going to do a video on setting up basic hotkeys but i'm not going to get a chance to do it before this beta ends. So sometime next beta i'll get it made. For your hotkeys, basically you want to create a new mapped key that sends the # you press to all windows.

To do this, open keymaps, and I usually put them in combat. Click combat and in the lower section right click mapped keys and select New mapped key. I name mine like skill1, skill2, etc... Click on the new skill, and in the right window, assign the hotkey to #1. then click on steps on the left. On the right window, right click actions, then chose new keystroke action. Select Window:All w/ current for the target, and set key combination to 1. rinse and repeat for your whole hotbar

Now, to get certain chars only on keymaps is not working at the moment.. but you can get it to broadcast key strokes like this, or using the repeater (but that will also broadcast your movement, etc...)
<<

silvercgu11

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Thank You,

The Screens work great also, I will try the hotkeys now, but ingame the repeater worked but my slave went running all around and off on its own making it hard to really play as a team. The autofollow and attack same target is probably next after that. Thank you again, I really appreciate your time, knowledge and patience! Looking forward to your hotkeys video :)
<<

silvercgu11

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Hotkeys worked great and prevented the broadcasting to cause my slave to go nuts and run away.

The only issues left before it becomes playable are everytime I cast on main it switches to slave who is a healer and leaves my dps just sitting there getting pummeled. Also for some reason my switch character hotkeys stopped working. I manually set my slave to target and follow my main and cast on his target from ingame settings, so when it switches chars it makes them both kind of useless.

Thank You

Return to General