FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ok, last thing... setting up windown/raid having issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

blazicks

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Ok, last thing... setting up windown/raid having issues

Hey guys... sorry for makign a 3rd thread but it is a different topic. Got verything workign and recognizing each computer, so all is good.

However, the layout of ISBoxer is different that it was when all the "setup help" data was written. I read Lax's long post tryign to help someone but it just didnt work. I read the other 2 built in help guides and neither were relevant and worked prolerly.

So, I am not understanding how I setup each computer (2) with windows, groups, launch etc. If someone made a video on how to do it that would be incredibly amazing as it seems to be stumping a few people. Creatign groups with or without certain toons... adding them where. Launching them how. So dang confusing toread about it and then try and do it, a video would make it soooo easy.

Or maybe a simpler step by step that takes into account the visual changes of isboxer since.

So ya got all the computers talking and ready to create groups and then launch.... thats where I need the help, visually somehow.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:56 pm

Re: Ok, last thing... setting up windown/raid having issues

You setup for two computers much the same as for a single computer. With the difference being that you assign on of the character sets to a specific computer in the toolkit so when doing the window layout for that team, it picks up the correct settings.

Pretty much Step 8 in the guide here. https://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Use_ISBo ... _Computers
<<

blazicks

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:02 pm

bob wrote:You setup for two computers much the same as for a single computer. With the difference being that you assign on of the character sets to a specific computer in the toolkit so when doing the window layout for that team, it picks up the correct settings.

Pretty much Step 8 in the guide here. https://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Use_ISBo ... _Computers

I have tried around 6 different times to follow that step by step but it is just too confusing and doesnt end up working properly...I have read the troubleshooting also step by step and that didnt explain it peroperly also.... so frustrated. Im almost there!
<<

bob

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:39 pm

Seems straight forward.
<<

blazicks

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Yeah, I did that part properly, but then creating the group is where I get confused. To keep it super simple I want a group of 6, 3 from one computer and 3 from the other, all controlled by the MAIN computer (so all 6 appear on the main one I think)... but all in the same group and the windows working perfectly when I do broadcasting.

So just to keep it pretty simple, 6 toons... 3 on the main and 3 on the other, all controlled by main. This is where I am struggling. WHere do I form them.. do I include all 6 on main group wizard and only the 3 I want to use on salve? Or what?
Last edited by bob on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoting everything is so yesterday.
<<

bob

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:01 pm

You wont get all 6 games displaying on one computer. ISBoxer does not provide any means to transfer the graphics output from one computer to another.

Lets keep it simple.
You right click on the Computer node, and create a Character set for that computer. If you only want 3 toons running on that computer, then the character set for that computer will have 3 toons in it.
<<

blazicks

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:10 pm

bob wrote:You wont get all 6 games displaying on one computer. ISBoxer does not provide any means to transfer the graphics output from one computer to another.

Lets keep it simple.
You right click on the Computer node, and create a Character set for that computer. If you only want 3 toons running on that computer, then the character set for that computer will have 3 toons in it.

CRAP... ok, thats where I was mistaken. Makes perfect sense though, I feel like an idiot.

So I just succesfully launched thanks to you. Just to test I did 3 on main and 3 on slave. Worked ALMOST perfectly... Only issue was on slave, when I would go into broadcasting mode, it would only mimic on 2 of the 3 slave windows. Seemed what window I put my mouse on that is hooked up to slave, that one didnt work with the broadcasting. 5 of 6 isnt bad and it just forced me o use the slave mouse a few times.. but all in all a success.

Bob, seriousaly, thanks so much for taking the time.

Once I really get it down I will be making a video... maybe
<<

blazicks

Post Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:32 am

Ok, I am having issues again :(

Its the windows. So on my MAIN computer I have 2 monitors. 1 screen with only 1 instance ONLY for my Main Tank that is 1920X1080 only 1 character. Then a 2nd monitor that has 11 toons/instances on it and each are at 480X270. That side works perfect.

However, when I set up my SLAVE all the toons load correctly, but it like only catches the upper left part of the game window... all 12 regions on the slave computer load fine, but the game in them is off... they are all set at 480X270 just like the second monitor on my main computer.

See attached for my slave screen. I just loaded 3 so you could see. Do all 24 of my isntances/windows have to be the same reso? Did the one monitor with a 1920X1080 screw it up? I also took a pic of all 3 monitors also so you could see how it is supposed to look on left and how it does look on right...

Let me know plz!
Attachments
IMG_1925.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg (671.85 KiB) Viewed 5032 times
IMG_1924.jpg
IMG_1924.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 5032 times
<<

bob

Post Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:58 am

Follow this. It will give me a much better idea as to what is going on.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13&start=0

Please leave the character sets/characters in there. Anonymize them if you want.

Admittedly my immediate suspicion is your second computer is using Display Scaling (i.e. in Windows Settings), but it may be something else.

p.s. for your broadcast control issue you noted in the earlier post, you will probably need to tick this box.
<<

blazicks

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:15 am

Bob, thanks for all the help. Still having one issue thats baffling me.... when i pull up the control panel in game and set the repeater regions, which I have done 1,000+ times.... however, when i do it and am running the 2 computer setup, once it is setup and i hover my mouse into the repeater region, the mouse pointer on both screens goes into convulsions and i cant control the mouse. It does mirror correctly *does the same thing on both screens) It is so strange... as soon as I hover into the repeater region it loses all control. I am sure it is a simple fix but I am lost. and again, does it on both screens the same. Thanks!
Next

Return to General