FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue with Mouse/Following/XML Error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lynkstter

Post Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:05 pm

Issue with Mouse/Following/XML Error

Everytime i launch ISBoxer im receiving this popup https://imgur.com/a/4DsWS0A

I click OK and ISBoxer will start. Next issue is that when im trying to remap a key and it asks for the combination in the box, the mouse is not recognized. Last issue is that when I am in game i can follow on 1 character but cannot follow on the other.
This is the first time I'm using ISBoxer since the new patch. Anyone have any ideas of what im running into and if they are all related? Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Re: Issue with Mouse/Following/XML Error

You have an input device that is mildly busted.

Inner Space currently works around devices like these on a case by case basis, and needs a workaround entry for your device.

For an entry to be created for your device, I will need a copy of the file. After you send me a copy of the file, you can delete it, and it will be re-created and will work fine. The exact same problem will occur again after some period of time (maybe months) without an Inner Space update to correct it for your input device.

Therefore, please follow these steps for victory:
1. Send me a copy of your broken file C:\Program Files (x86)\Inner Space\InputDevices.XML. You can email it to lax@lavishsoft.com or attach it to a reply here.
2. Close both Inner Space and ISBoxer Toolkit
3. Delete the broken file C:\Program Files (x86)\Inner Space\InputDevices.XML
4. Launch Inner Space
5. Launch ISBoxer Toolkit.
<<

lynkstter

Post Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Sent the InputDevices xml and testing now
<<

lynkstter

Post Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:36 pm

lax wrote:You have an input device that is mildly busted.

Inner Space currently works around devices like these on a case by case basis, and needs a workaround entry for your device.

For an entry to be created for your device, I will need a copy of the file. After you send me a copy of the file, you can delete it, and it will be re-created and will work fine. The exact same problem will occur again after some period of time (maybe months) without an Inner Space update to correct it for your input device.

Therefore, please follow these steps for victory:
1. Send me a copy of your broken file C:\Program Files (x86)\Inner Space\InputDevices.XML. You can email it to lax@lavishsoft.com or attach it to a reply here.
2. Close both Inner Space and ISBoxer Toolkit
3. Delete the broken file C:\Program Files (x86)\Inner Space\InputDevices.XML
4. Launch Inner Space
5. Launch ISBoxer Toolkit.

I deleted the file, and I'm receiving no errors on startup, I can now Bind Mouse5 to follow but Slot 1toggling auto follow will toggle the backpack on Slot 2 and Slot 2 toggling auto follow will allow slot 1 to follow slot 2
<<

lynkstter

Post Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:05 pm

It seems like its toggling F11 which is macroed to Follow FTL, F11 is bound to Bag4, it works on slot 2 to 1 but not vice versa

this macro in game is bugging out also /follow [nomod:alt,mod:lshift,nomod:ctrl]Antonyhalp;[nomod:alt,mod:rshift,nomod:ctrl]Lynkn
Im getting an unknown unit from 2 to 1
Last edited by lynkstter on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:05 pm

lynkstter wrote:Slot 1toggling auto follow will toggle the backpack on Slot 2 and Slot 2 toggling auto follow will allow slot 1 to follow slot 2

From there you can refer to the WoW Quicker Start Guide to get you back in action.

I've highlighted the relevant portion for you here:

https://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Start_Guide#Part_6:_Follow.21
If certain toons will not follow anyone, but a bag opens in their window instead, then go back to Part 3 and enable the ISBoxer Addon. (There is a central theme in the last few parts of this guide. Make sure the ISBoxer Addon is enabled. Seriously.)

If certain toons will not follow certain other toons, and the ISBoxer Addon is enabled, it is usually due to a key binding in the game set to use Shift+F11, Ctrl+F11, Alt+F11, Ctrl+Shift+F11. You can go into the game's Key Bindings screen, and find a key binding that is not configured -- a blank box. Any of them will do. Set it to Shift+F11, then Ctrl+F11, then Alt+F11, then Ctrl+Shift+F11, and then unbind it. This will clear out any keys that would interfere with auto-following up to 5 toons.
<<

lynkstter

Post Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:07 pm

lax wrote:
lynkstter wrote:Slot 1toggling auto follow will toggle the backpack on Slot 2 and Slot 2 toggling auto follow will allow slot 1 to follow slot 2

From there you can refer to the WoW Quicker Start Guide to get you back in action.

I've highlighted the relevant portion for you here:

https://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Start_Guide#Part_6:_Follow.21
If certain toons will not follow anyone, but a bag opens in their window instead, then go back to Part 3 and enable the ISBoxer Addon. (There is a central theme in the last few parts of this guide. Make sure the ISBoxer Addon is enabled. Seriously.)

If certain toons will not follow certain other toons, and the ISBoxer Addon is enabled, it is usually due to a key binding in the game set to use Shift+F11, Ctrl+F11, Alt+F11, Ctrl+Shift+F11. You can go into the game's Key Bindings screen, and find a key binding that is not configured -- a blank box. Any of them will do. Set it to Shift+F11, then Ctrl+F11, then Alt+F11, then Ctrl+Shift+F11, and then unbind it. This will clear out any keys that would interfere with auto-following up to 5 toons.

This fixed it thank you so much !

Return to General