FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Gamma issues in EQ

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fueil

Post Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:41 pm

Gamma issues in EQ

Hello all,

I must be blind or something, cause i'm either missing it, or I have no idea.

I log into EQ, and I cannot adjust the gamma at all? There are some dark areas, and the only other way to adjust it is with NVIDIA control panel, which isn't doing much. With how dark it is, its impossible for me to even play until it becomes light again.

If I am missing something in the setup, please let me know, because this is very frustrating.

Thanks
<<

Fueil

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:06 pm

Re: Gamma issues in EQ

I looked all over, so it looks like windowed mode is the issue. So, I will just manually set my control panel each time I play, no big deal. I just don't want things so bright it burns my eyes lol! Hopefully this can help someone else with the issues.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:14 pm

Re: Gamma issues in EQ

When EQ1 was originally made, the game did not provide a windowed mode.

So when they made the gamma/brightness control, they did it using the system-wide gamma control. In windowed mode -- which now exists -- the system-wide gamma control applies to everything running on your PC. So not only does the game itself become brighter (which was intended), so does the desktop, your browser, Inner Space, ISBoxer, etc ... which sucks.

Because that sucks, the bad behavior is blocked.

Whatever method you have discovered to get it looking how you like it, is A-OK in my book

Return to General