FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Changing Charactr Set name blocks launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BotFighter

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:26 am

Changing Charactr Set name blocks launch

I have a Charactr Set with name a1 and it works fine.
When i change this Charactr Set name to a1111111111111111111 it won't launch.
When i hover this Charactr Set in ISBoxer Charactr Set Slots menu it shows empty menu like there is no characters in this Charactr Set.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:48 am

Re: Changing Charactr Set name blocks launch

I can report that you have not found a magic character set name that doesn't work. Renamed a character set to a1111111111111111111 and it works fine.
Closed everything, patched up Inner Space, and tried it all again. Still works. Renamed and renamed again. Still works.

I suspect something else is going on there.
<<

BotFighter

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:23 am

I'm glad you don't have that issue, but i'm still can't use desired team name and i have to use random name to be able to launch my team.

I find that Character Set stop working when Character Set name is above 12 chars.
Maybe it's filesystem specific bug?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:45 pm

BotFighter wrote:Maybe it's filesystem specific bug?

Maybe, but only specific to your setup.

This launches fine.

There are no limits built into the naming of the team, although certain characters should probably be avoided, like
Code:
< > & ` ' ; \ / | *

The only other thing that might be a possibility is if the total path to things like the WoW Addon folder (including char set name) is greater than 255 characters, but that should not affect the launching at all. Inner Space will still accept the long names, and still launch things as the path to things in game would have no effect on the actual launch process. I have assumed WoW here, but the game would make little difference unless there was something very specific about it, like perhaps a really long pathed virtual file, but even then, that wouldn't prevent it from appearing in the menus like you originally described. The menus are purely data from XML files where there are no string length limits (well at about 2billion characters long it might get a bit iffy).

For good measure.

p.s. I don't intend to belittle your issue, but it is not anything common to multiple users (i.e. you are the first to report it), and it is not something we can reproduce, so it leaves the conclusion there is something either broken in your profile or your installation. You might consider backing up your profiles and reinstalling Inner Space/ISBoxer.

Return to General