FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[SOLVED] Launching Issue - Single Slot Launching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bgarisn

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:39 pm

[SOLVED] Launching Issue - Single Slot Launching

So I updated Innerspace recently and now the following happens when I try to launch a character set:

• Select Character Set -> Launch
  • Slot1 launches and is placed in its respective window layout position
  • Slot2 may (or may not) launch with the same behavior as above.

I looked at the Innerspace console and saw this when I tried to launch my 'PvE-A-Trinity-Mages-Laptop' character set:

Code:
/====================================================
| 15:19:52 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'PvE-A-Trinity-Mages-Laptop'
| 15:19:52 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 15:19:52 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'PvE-A-Trinity-Mages-Laptop' are valid...
| 15:19:52 ISBoxer: Good!
| 15:19:52 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'PvE-A-Trinity-Mages-Laptop' all slots...
| 15:19:52 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Xalanor-Dalaran'
Successfully executed '"C:\Gaming\World of Warcraft\_retail_\WoW.exe" -d3d11 -noautolaunch64bit'.
Session name 'World of Warcraft15308' accepted for process C:\Gaming\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Wow.exe
Session name 'is1' accepted for process C:\Gaming\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Wow.exe
Session launched (is1): "C:/Gaming/World of Warcraft/_retail_/WoW.exe"
| 15:22:52 ISBoxer: Character from Set 'PvE-A-Trinity-Mages-Laptop' not fully launched after 3 minutes. Select again to continue launching additional slots.
| 15:22:52 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
\====================================================

It should be noted that I can manually launch each slot by right-clicking the Innerspace tray icon and selecting the desired slot from the character set.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Profile: ProSetup_v8.2.1

TLDR: Reinstalling ISBoxer/Innerspace worked in the end.
Last edited by bgarisn on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Re: Launching Character Set Issue - Single Slot Launching

You can try reverting to an earlier release using the History tab of the Patcher. If that resolves the problem, let us know what build you reverted to.

You could also provide a compatibility diagnostic, as the issue is most likely something specific to your computer, and what is running at the time, rather than your profile. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

bgarisn

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Thanks for the insight bob. I'll try reverting and see if one of the previous versions works.

I have not installed any new programs or updated anything that I can think of currently, but I'll try disabling / closing some of the other things that are running to see if that helps.

Compatibility Diagnostic: Report

Appreciate the help!
<<

bgarisn

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:21 pm

So update:

I went back to iteratively all the way to 1.16 Build 6550, which I know was definitely working a month ago. I am still getting the same behavior - Slot1 launches and none of the others do.

I also tried starting with a completely new profile where I cleared everything and ran through the quick setup wizard. I get the same behavior with this profile (does not matter which build I use).

Still testing to see what else I might have dorked up...
<<

bob

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 pm

Try shutting down the Razer Cortex software. It's the most obvious thing that could be causing issues.
Second on the hitlist would be Norton Security.
<<

bgarisn

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 pm

I tried both as well as looking for any other services that might be interfering. Still no luck. Appreciate the help. I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Diagnostic Report
<<

bob

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Well, that still shows Nortons as running, so it's not shut down.
As pointed out here viewtopic.php?p=47747#p47747

You might even need to uninstall your antivirus/security suite. This article from MS, while long, explains some stuff about filter drivers and then in a small bit of text explains....
KB816071 wrote:Most antivirus software uses filter drivers that work together with a service to scan for viruses. These filter drivers are still loaded after the service is deactivated. These filter drivers scan files as they are opened and closed on a hard disk. For troubleshooting purposes, temporarily remove the antivirus software

So, it is quite normal to need to uninstall it for testing purposes, especially if you can't set excludes that it honours. If the problem still exists after that, then ok, totally ruled that one out. In the meantime it will hang there like a smelly dog turd hangs on a tree (usually coz some bastard couldn't be arsed to put it in a bin after bagging it up), that will be there, for a very long time.

You might want to also confirm that Windows Game Mode is also disabled (its no good for multiboxing).
<<

bgarisn

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:03 pm

So I tried uninstalling my AV and ensuring that Game Mode was turned off. I still did not have any luck.

What did end up working for me was completely removing ISBoxer/Innerspace, restarting and reinstalling it from scratch. I was able to launch my character sets normally.
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:19 pm

Re: [SOLVED] Launching Issue - Single Slot Launching

Ok. I guess we should put that higher up the list. It just so rarely is the problem.
Thanks for persevering and letting us know

Return to General