FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

G510 Keyboard not loading

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Anthilia

Post Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:14 am

G510 Keyboard not loading

I have a G510 keyboard and it will not load the keybinds for it. When I run the buttontester script it does say Im hitting G510-G1 M1 etc. but I dont get the shortcuts in the dropdown.

I have tried deleting the inputdevices.xml and that didnt work either.

Any help would be appreciated.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:05 am

Re: G510 Keyboard not loading

You may need to Disable the New Virtual Input system in the InnerSpace configuration. Once applied, exit and restart InnerSpace.
<<

Anthilia

Post Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:01 am

That fixed it.

Thanks!
<<

Anthilia

Post Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:39 pm

While this did have ISBoxer load my G510, it also loaded some fictitious 768 button mouse, it also loaded a microphone. How do I unload these devices? I tried the IS input device editor but I dont see any way to remove them.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:18 pm

The other devices identified are not fictitious, they just happen to be interfaces that something on the computer is presenting. It may not always be what you expect. They might be filter drivers, it might be the multiple interfaces an actual hardware device could present, it could be virtual devices that Windows uses, they could be headphones, portable drives, webcams etc. At the end of the day, the results there are what responds to the specific API calls being made to identify interface devices (human or not).

There is no need to remove them, and it is fairly pointless as the APIs will be queried again the next time Inner Space starts and it will put the entries back in if they are not already there.

The Edit Input Device menu item is something that should be removed from the toolkit as it is not fully functional and if you knew the correct values to use it, then we probably wouldn't be exchanging these communications (you'd be far too smart to be dealing with the likes of me). Essentially it seemed like a good idea, and then the reality of the normal user actually knowing the technical detail that is required, or even being able to follow the complex instruction to enter the info determined that it not worth pursuing further.

Return to General