FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeater Keeps Broadcasting to all windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

catzilla

Post Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:12 am

Repeater Keeps Broadcasting to all windows

In need of serious help here. I refer to the wiki http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Broadcast ... of_windows to set certain broadcast to specific windows and i followed everything to the letter and its not working. No matter which target group i set, all it does is send out broadcast to all windows. ATG is not working here. I did save and export to inner space as well before each and every try. All i want to do is as follows;

1. Set CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+1 = Broadcast to "All other windows" except my active window only.
2. Set CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+2 = Broadcast keystrokes to "DPS" group only.
3. Set CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+3 = Broadcast keystrokes to "Healers" group only.

http://www.privatepaste.com/db4fd717f1

Each time i test the trigger to broadcast for all the above settings, all comes to same result thats broadcasting to all windows. Why?

I made a copy from the Activate Repeater and amended the settings from there, maybe some settings are messing things up from those imported data but i could not figure out which one is causing the problem. Please help me~
<<

catzilla

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:41 am

Re: Repeater Keeps Broadcasting to all windows

bump for help request
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:32 pm

First of all you ran the Quick Setup Wizard twice and selected incompatible settings the second time around. So now you've got 2 different versions of the default Key Maps (Always On, Combat, and Non-combat). Your Character Set is set up to use the ones prefixed with "FFXIV-" but you then also specifically assigned the non-prefixed "Always On". This is going to cause problems when you toggle the Key Maps -- Shift+Alt+M is going to turn on both the prefixed and the non-prefixed Key Maps. You should use only one or the other...

Your 3 new toggles should be moved from Always On, to FFXIV-Always On.

Aside from that, what more specifically is broadcasting to all? If you're pressing one of the 1 through = Hotkeys, those are handled by the Standard Menu in your configuration and will broadcast to all. Pretty much everything else (typing, mouse clicks, etc) should broadcast to your ATG as configured when you use one of your custom toggles.
<<

catzilla

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:15 pm

is it possible for me to delete the FFXIV data in the isboxer and keep it clean with just the standard isboxer config? If i messed things up with 2 sets of settings then i can delete the FFXIV ones. How can i do that? Can i just delete the FFXIV keymaps and just stick to the default "Always On"? Or do i have to do a clean install? I just want to keep the settings basic so i can come back over the forums and refer to the guides easier without any personal customization to complicate things.

How can i point isboxer to use the default "Always On" instead of the FFXIV ones? Thx for help again! :D
<<

catzilla

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:40 pm

hm... ok status update.

i tried deleting the FFXIV "Always ON / Combat / Non-Combat" key maps so that only the standard "Always ON / Combat / Non-Combat" config exists, Saved and Exported but results still same.

When i press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+2 (ATG "DPS" group), it will still persist to broadcast to all windows instead of my defined ATGs. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+3 (ATG "Healer" group) also broadcasts to all as well.

How can i fix this? I am new to these advanced settings outside of launching multiple windows and i will appreciate if you can guide me a fair bit.

Return to Repeater