FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Any way to make repeater only work from one instance

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jessegemstone

Post Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:29 pm

Any way to make repeater only work from one instance

I have 6 different instances (EQ), my only use case for repeater is to login all characters by typing in the password, clicking loging and then later enter world on the character screen.

After that I dont need it anymore. I have 2 issues:

1. sometimes I forget to turn it off (not the biggest issue I usually figure this out real quick).
2. for some reason almost at random it seems the repeater function is turned off on my main window/character, but not on one of the boxes. Not sure why that happens, but it is causing big issues as you can imagine while playing.

I was wondering is there a way to:
- automatically turn off repeater on all instances after a set amount of time (e.g. 30seconds).
- make it so repeater only works from the main window and not the other way around?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:48 am

Re: Any way to make repeater only work from one instance

If you chose EQ as the game during the Quick Setup Wizard, the default config for the Repeater'/Broadcasting is for current Window Source.

When turned ON, the current active window is the Source. Broadcast to All Windows.
If you switch to another window, repeater would be OFF for that window to be a source, so there is no broadcasting.
Switch back to the original window, and repeater will still be ON (you didn't turn it off, right). So again, this is the Source.

With this setup, you have to deliberately turn on the window as a Source for broadcast to work.

However, during the Quick Setup Wizard, there were a couple of options Repeater/Broadcasting.
If you ticked the second one, then when you turn ON Repeater/Broadcasting, then ALL windows are Sources, so switching windows mean any of them could broadcast if it is not turned off (turning OFF would also turn off for all windows).

Return to Repeater