FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simple click on dxNothing config

Moderator: MiRai

<<

a20balle

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Simple click on dxNothing config

Hello All,

Trying to configure my 5-man setup with Isboxer.

The context is that I want to use a videoFX window for my party bar with a click through so that I can heal with my priest by clicking on it. I understood from the video tutorials & wiki, that I cannot use the standard Wizard to do so, as the Video Source is scaled down when not active (e.g. the source gets its pixel from the thumbnail, not full res)

Question 1 : am I correct or is there a particular setup where it could work while displaying the VFX with full res?

Now, I have started to work on the stacked version, using a dfxnothing window as shown in one of Mirai's tutorials. But I am not fully happy with the result.
=> Music / Sound stops when I go to the dxnothing bar, which is a bit anoying
=> Sometimes I need to click twice or more (even if I have activated the no click focus) and the windows bar sometimes flicker through the dx nothing window
=> I don't really like the ALT+Mouse 1 combo (or any other combo tbh), and I'd like to be able to do a simple click, like simple layout Wizards allow

Question 2 : could any of these issues fixed from your experience? In particular, is simple click window switching possible on the dxnothing bar (without affecting the VFX windows in the main screen, ofc) ?

Thanks a lot for your help
Al
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Simple click on dxNothing config

The context is that I want to use a videoFX window for my party bar with a click through so that I can heal with my priest by clicking on it. I understood from the video tutorials & wiki, that I cannot use the standard Wizard to do so, as the Video Source is scaled down when not active (e.g. the source gets its pixel from the thumbnail, not full res)

Question 1 : am I correct or is there a particular setup where it could work while displaying the VFX with full res?

The issue isn't that you used the Quick Setup Wizard, the issue is that you're trying to use a tiny window as a video source and then scaling that source up. You need a Window Layout that does not use tiny windows.

The "Video FX Layout" option in the wizard changes the behavior to keep all of the windows the same size as the main region, and uses Video FX in a dxNothing window to display the smaller views instead of resizing the actual windows. So the views are all scaled from the full size.

=> Music / Sound stops when I go to the dxnothing bar, which is a bit anoying

You'd have to enable background sound, in the in-game options

=> Sometimes I need to click twice or more (even if I have activated the no click focus) and the windows bar sometimes flicker through the dx nothing window

This one you're probably going to wait for ISBoxer 2. The reason the taskbar can go above the windows is because you're working with windows that are not full screen.

=> I don't really like the ALT+Mouse 1 combo (or any other combo tbh), and I'd like to be able to do a simple click, like simple layout Wizards allow

You can get this behavior manually by making your Video FX NOT interactive, and put a click bar or menu behind it for when you click "on the vfx".
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:10 pm

a20balle wrote:=> Sometimes I need to click twice or more (even if I have activated the no click focus) and the windows bar sometimes flicker through the dx nothing window

If you're running a custom VFX Layout, then you can enable the "Focus Follows Mouse" option in your Window Layout, and change the VFX Focus Hotkey to Mouse1.
<<

a20balle

Post Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:03 am

Thanks to you both. I'll try these tips at home tonight!

Return to Window Layouts