FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help with Dual Monitor Video FX Layout

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lokan13

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:45 pm

Help with Dual Monitor Video FX Layout

I'm new here and i've progressed through videos and tutorials far enough to create my first video FX layout. I'd like to implement video fx for clickable healing. Anyway, Im doing a dual monitor set up, main = 2k, secondary = 1080p. I have my first 5 regions stacked fullscreen on monitor 1. I have my dxNothing, which is region 6, linked to character slot 6, fullscreen on monitor 2. However, when I start up my loadout, the dxNothing box appears on monitor 1 behind the rest of the windows. Monitor scaling is turned off. Regions 6 is also in it's own swap group. Please help :(. I will post my xml as soon as possible.

https://pastebin.com/xEb11FE3
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:17 pm

Re: Help with Dual Monitor Video FX Layout

I don't even know how you've got what you have.

You appear to have a mix of a Window Layout Wizard generated VideoFX layout, and a manually configured video fx layout.

Choose one style or the other. Don't mix the two.
<<

Lokan13

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:36 pm

Okay, noted. I started with the wizard everytime. So i have 5 characters, and then the 6th is my dxNothing. I guess I'm unsure what I'm looking for with the initial selection in the wizard to achieve what I'm trying to do. Stacked on main monitor with dxNothing broken up into quadrants for is2, is3, is4, and is5 on the secondary monitor.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:12 pm

A stacked layout doesn't make any sense for a Wizard generated layout because that is probably not what you want. Internally the videofx module will make it a stacked layout, and then try and put the miniviewers into the layout style you chose. If you choose stacked, then it will try and make a stacked layout of your stacked layout. You might as well not even use Videofx to do this, and just have a stacked layout.
You would normally choose a layout style that includes smaller mini viewers when using a Layout Wizard generated Videofx layout.

You also don't need to be messing with the Window Layout after the Wizard has generated a videofx layout and adding extra regions or putting them into different swap groups. It does all that for you. From what you are doing it really sounds like you are reading/watching the how to for a Custom videofx layout, and then attempting to apply that to a WLW generated videofx layout which has been specifically designed so people don't have to do the stuff needed for a custom layout.
<<

Lokan13

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:18 pm

bob wrote:A stacked layout doesn't make any sense for a Wizard generated layout because that is probably not what you want. Internally the videofx module will make it a stacked layout, and then try and put the miniviewers into the layout style you chose. If you choose stacked, then it will try and make a stacked layout of your stacked layout. You might as well not even use Videofx to do this, and just have a stacked layout.
You would normally choose a layout style that includes smaller mini viewers when using a Layout Wizard generated Videofx layout.

You also don't need to be messing with the Window Layout after the Wizard has generated a videofx layout and adding extra regions or putting them into different swap groups. It does all that for you. From what you are doing it really sounds like you are reading/watching the how to for a Custom videofx layout, and then attempting to apply that to a WLW generated videofx layout which has been specifically designed so people don't have to do the stuff needed for a custom layout.

Appreciate the feedback. I fixed it myself by deleting the dxNothing character and reloading everything. I don't know what was causing it but that seemed to clear up the issues i was having and probably why it was generating in the weird way you're describing. Thanks again!

Return to Window Layouts