FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ2] (SOLVED) Focus game window via mouse without clicking ISSUE

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lr672931

Post Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:18 am

(SOLVED) Focus game window via mouse without clicking ISSUE

Hey hey, I used this software a couple years ago and didn't seem to have this problem -- or at least I was able to figure it out, haha.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. I have a fresh out of the box install and i'm just testing out 2 windows right now. I got everything loaded up and working properly so now i'm trying to tweak settings how I wan't them.

Basically i'd like to be able to hover over Window 2 (or 3 or 4 etc if i add windows) and for the mouseover to focus to that window WITHOUT it swapping to main window. It seems like the only way I can get the auto focus to work is when it also focuses is it to main window and it gets stuck in an infinte loop of swaps between main window and window 2 for example.

I'd ALSO like to be able to swap windows 1 and 2 (or 1 and 3 etc..) to main window when I press CTRL + ALT + 2 (or 1 to go back). It seems like I can get this working fine ONLY when the focus game window via mouse command is off.

I've tried all the different "Swap Hot Character to Main Window" options including "only when i press slot activate hotkey" ... but when focus game window via mouse is on it still pushes the focus of window 2 to swap with 1 :\

Hope i'm explaining properly and looking forward to finding a solution. I attempted to find a similar problem via search but couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for ... other than what i'm already trying.

Cheers & TY!
Last edited by lr672931 on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:42 am

Re: Focus game window via mouse without clicking ISSUE

The Swap Hot Character options
  • never
  • only when I press a Slot activate hotkey
  • only when I press the Activate Current Window Hotkey
should all prevent automatically swapping to the main region on focus. That is why you can only select the Focus on Mouseover when one of those options is selected, because the other options that do not allow focus on mouseover would end up potentially causing an infinite loop of swapping like you are describing.

After having a long think, the only thing I could come up with, configuration wise within ISBoxer, that might cause the behaviour you are describing is if there was some other action occurring on Focus that was also causing the swap, such as a Mapped Key that executes on Switching to the character. This setting is per slot on a character set. For example:

Any other options would be external factors, e.g. keyboard macros, some other software focusing, software cursors, etc.

For the behaviour you are after the ISBoxer option
  • only when I press a Slot activate hotkey
is the most applicable.
<<

lr672931

Post Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:27 am

So... the only option that prevents swapping to the main regeion on focus is NEVER.

only when I press a Slot activate hotkey
only when I press the Activate Current Window Hotkey

^^ These 2 are what I thought should work but they aren't fixing the problem.

Trying again now to fool around with the setting. Also trying a reboot and maybe start a fresh ISBoxer config.
<<

lr672931

Post Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:33 am

Haha restarting worked. Seems to have fixed itself.

(Yes I was saving in ISboxer and using the Export All to Inner Space command when testing)

Thank you for the response Bob! Much appreciated.

Return to Window Layouts