FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Minimize all windows hotkey

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Night_eve

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:03 pm

Minimize all windows hotkey

Hi, I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on the topic.

Is there anyway to minimize a slot region/window or even all windows, so nothing is rendered?

The reason I ask is that for many games when you minimize the game it stops rendering and wasting cpu & gpu cycles. This is important for when I'm not looking at the game, because I don't want the gpu fan noise and my office heating up from the gpu running. I have tried setting "background fps" to 1 fps, but even that produces a noticeable PC load compared to minimizing the game window. I see the Window actions group in the hot key creator, but don't see anything for minimize, only bring to background.

It would also be nice if there was a distinction between slot in "background" and slot "minimized" or not visible at all. Because when I am actively playing on one of the slots, I would want the background fps to be higher than when all the slots are either not visible or minimized.

I can probably make a small app myself to do this, but it would just be a nice thing to have as a setting in isboxer. Either way, thanks for creating and maintaining such a useful program.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 am

Re: Minimize all windows hotkey

ISBoxer doesn't have a "minimize" as such. It also deliberately sets the Windows to foreground so they continue to receive input rather than move onto their background loop where input is not monitored (and rendering may not occur). In order to multibox, the game going into its background loop is not required nor desired. If you aren't multiboxing but rather running several different windows, then it is more desirable.

You might be able to get the result you want if you forgo the window layout, or change the options on the window layout regions to allow you to see the title bar, and just use the title bar minimize button, but it may not work with the force settings ISBoxer is using in order for it to manage the games.

Return to Window Layouts