Moderator: MiRai

<<

blazicks

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:09 pm

2 monitors with different resolution issue

2 monitors with different resolutions is just not working right for me:

Right Monitor (1) is 3840X2160 60Hz
Left Monitor (2) is 1920X1080 144hz

But when I setup Window Wizard in isboxer, it doesnt seem to separate monitor 1 from 2. So in #1, I set it to 3840X2160 and position is 0,0. Thats where I play only 1 window, my main character and want all the highest graphics settings. Now when I set up window 2 (for my other 4 accounts), it is all off. Let's just take one region for example: Like if I want to set the upper left region (0,0) of monitor 2 for a window that is 960X540 (so I can fit 4 of them) and I type 0,0 where you set the location manually, it then sends the 0,0 position of monitor 1! and if I manually drag it to window 2 and put it in the upper left position, where it should be at 0,0 of monitor 2, it says the location is -1920, 507... wtf? So baffled.

Also, when running wizard and going through all the default region setups that best fits what i want, it NEVER sets Monitor 1 (3840) as 1 region that is entire screen and monitor 2 (1920) as 4 regions for my total of 5 toons... its always 1 region on monitor 2 and 4 regions on monitor 2... I just can't figure it out.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:05 am

Re: 2 monitors with different resolution issue

Sounds like Windows is set to use Display Scaling, which then throws off the co-ordinates. You can set your displays to run at 100%, and it'll work fine on a new layout.
You can also work around it by setting some application compatibility settings as outlined here: https://isboxer.com/w/index.php?title=F ... in_ISBoxer
<<

blazicks

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:22 am

bob wrote:Sounds like Windows is set to use Display Scaling, which then throws off the co-ordinates. You can set your displays to run at 100%, and it'll work fine on a new layout.
You can also work around it by setting some application compatibility settings as outlined here: https://isboxer.com/w/index.php?title=F ... in_ISBoxer

Nope that was the first thing I fixed. The default was set to 150% and I set it to 100%
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:37 am

Ok, now that I read it all a second time it becomes clearer.

When you have multiple monitors, only one monitor can "own" pixel position 0,0. This is different to the fact that every Window can have a 0,0. Monitors 0,0 is a point where a window goes, inside a window, 0,0 is the top left for the UI elements inside that window only (i.e. inside the window it defines where they display in that window, regardless of where the Monitor position of the wIndow is).
The other monitor's top left position will depend on where it is told to be located in relation to the monitor that owns 0,0, so it may be -1920,0 for top left, or it might be -1920,507, if it is offset 507 pixels from the 0 Y line of the monitor that is defining 0,0. So your description of what was occurring is correct. Note: this is how Windows itself defines things. ISBoxer is just using the same mechanism.

For your other issue, you can change the order of the monitors in the Window Layout Wizard, by using the Monitors settings option on the right hand side. click on it, and it will show a button with ... Click on that, and you can change order, remove a monitor from consideration, add a new virtual monitor that doesn't exist (I don't recommend this). Otherwise, do what you are doing and drag the regions around afterwards.

Return to Window Layouts