FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Swapping windows under-pop

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DXMage

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:05 am

Swapping windows under-pop

When I flip to another windows say CTRL-ALT-2 instead of being on top of the primary screen it pops under it. The controls are working for that windows but I can't see anything as it is under the primary. I have two monitors, the display2 is my primary where I have the 1 window and 2, 3, 4 and 5 are on the display1 with no hole. If I click on any of the four windows typically it will under pop onto the display2 as well. However sometimes if I have the mouse repeater going I can get it to pop correctly over window 1. OR if the system is in an area that is making my system work hard it will work correctly. It is very aggravating.

I do make use of a few add-ons like questie, titan panel, DBM, TSM, WIM, Details and I think one other but I can't remember the name of it at the moment (at work)

Any ideas? I wouldn't think that any of the add-ons would cause a problem.

I also have a problem in that I can't use push to talk with Discord as my left shift key is my push to talk and if Inner Space is running I have to switch to the Discord window to talk and have the shift key work for me. I can live with that as when I'm raiding I'm not multiboxing (yet)

Just got home and I also have Atlas Loot and Decursive
<<

Wizeowel

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:11 am

Re: Swapping windows under-pop

Are you selecting VideoFX in the display wizard?
<<

DXMage

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:31 am

I'll have to check. I'm just starting so I left, as much as possible, default except moving the display arrangement around.
<<

DXMage

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Yes in the Windows layout I use Video FX to show inactive windows. I tried to make a new windows layout and setting VFX to true. It them created a new character called DxNothing VFX1 added a 6th slot and now regardless of how I have the regions set they all stack on display2.
<<

DXMage

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:08 pm

After dinking around a bunch I finally hit on a combo that works for the most part.

Return to Window Layouts