FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keymaps with "Keystroke Down" & "Keystroke Up" actions.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Keymaps with "Keystroke Down" & "Keystroke Up" actions.

I've not added this into any of my Keymaps.

I mentioned using the Key Down and Key Up functionality on a 2 step Keymap on dual-boxing.
Quite a few people seem to interpret this as one key press, but two actions.

What is your take on this?
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:16 am

Re: Keymaps with "Keystroke Down" & "Keystroke Up" actions.

First, "one key = one action" is repeatedly taken out of context at dual-boxing.com (they dont want you to press a key, walk away to grab a drink and it's still doing your rotation for you). There is nothing wrong with having something hit 2 buttons instead of 1. People do this all the time.

Secondly this isn't doing anything particularly new and fascinating. WoW itself gives key up and down events to addons that register to receive them ( http://www.wowwiki.com/API_Frame_EnableKeyboard ).

On another note, binary input controls come in more flavors than spring-loaded buttons -- e.g. a toggle switch. These could be used in place of a button, you would probably want something to happen when it is moved either direction. It's all you spring-loaded button mashers that are automating things and ruining it for us toggle switchers ;)

Also, sending keys is not the only thing that people do with Mapped Keys. This option opens up a wide range of abilities, all of which are still tied directly to your manual toggling of controls.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:49 am

Thanks for the clarification.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:58 am

I meant to also link this example use: http://isboxer.com/index.php/component/ ... difier-key

Return to Key Maps