FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Druid Stances

Moderator: MiRai

<<

alcattle

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 am

Druid Stances

I would like to make two key maps.
1) press 1 key and the druid shift into the fighting stance ex a=bear;b&c=owls;d=tree. Then same key modified to cancel all.
2) press 1 key and they all go to flight form, then Same key Modified to cancel.
I found the code for the different stances but not how to apply different one to different toons
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: Druid Stances

There are a few ways to tackle this. Make a keymap with multiple actions using WoW macros. Each action will need a specific target chosen from the drop down menu in the WoW macro section of ISBoxer.

A -> /cast Stance 1
B -> /cast Stance 5
C -> /cast Stance 5
D -> /cast Stance 5

Stance 5 is shared between Moonkin/Tree depending on which spec you are according to WoWWiki. I know that /cast Travel Form will work as well [because I use it myself] so whatever the actual form names are should work to replace the Stances listed above.

As for the mount macro you can get creative with this as well. Something simple would be to just make one keymap with the WoW macro of:

/cast Flight Form
or
/cast Stance 6

If you're in a flyable area they'll shift. By hitting the key again while in flight form they'll shift out. Shifting out does not take a global cooldown but shifting into flight form should [as travel form does]. So if for some reason if your guys are out of sync just spam that button and they'll all sync up into flight form. Look here for more creative ways to use conditional modifiers in your macros to consolidate your flying/nonflying mount macros into one.
<<

Tovya

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Hrm, not sure if this will apply or not, but since I run my druid/druid/priest team, I thought I'd chip in. I plan to use this all of the time... the only time I can see this NOT working is if you're using default action bars and have a warrior, paladin, or shaman in your team. I use HealBot, so I already determined that if I add any of those 3 classes (probably my pally) to the team at 80, I'll just move their stance bar out of the way. So, without further ado, here's what I do (yes, it rhymes, no I didn't mean it to lol)

I use Bartender4 for my custom action bars. Bar 1 is on bottom, then stacking up is Bar 2-4, Stance Bar, then Pet Bar. Because Bartender4 is an addon, I can move my bars anywhere I want them, so that I'll never have conflicting stances/aura's with a mixed team. I have a repeater region over my hotbars, that covers Bar 2, 3, 3, and my Stance Bar. When I want the druids to shift to tree/owl I just mouse over and click, or the same for flight form.

Now, because I have a class that cannot instant go to flying, I actually have a hotkey set up for mounting via GoGoMount addon mapped through ISBoxer. Using GoGoMount, I set my mount key to Number pad 1 key (Num 1) and my MouseButton4 (Logitech 5 button gaming mouse) so in ISBoxer:

Key Maps
> General
> Mount
Hotkey G18 (everything else default on the main page)
> Step 1: Target = All w/ Current | Key combination = Num 1

So when I want everyone to mount up, I just hit my G18 key (can make this anything you want, naturally) and they all mount. If I want to leave the priest behind and do something with just the druids real quick (useful for my cooking daily etc) I just mouse over flight form in the stance bar, click it and the druids mount and fly off. I like to keep things simple. :D
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:18 pm

alcattle wrote:I would like to make two key maps.
1) press 1 key and the druid shift into the fighting stance ex a=bear;b&c=owls;d=tree. Then same key modified to cancel all.
2) press 1 key and they all go to flight form, then Same key Modified to cancel.
I found the code for the different stances but not how to apply different one to different toons

Stances.
0 - Caster
1 - Bear
2 - Aquatic
3 - Cat
4 - Travel
5 - Moonkin/Tree
6 - Flight

This will actually be four keymaps, not two.
You can either have a wow macro, with the keymap sending the keybind to each client.
Or you can do the macro in IS Boxer.

Keymap 1.
Hotkey (no modifier)
Sends /cast [nostance:x] Stance x
Or it can send the wow keybind for that stance.

Keymap 2.
Hotkey (+ mod key)
Sends /cancelaura Name

If you are sending a keybind to warcraft, and have the macro in wow, then you can go with a single macro.
/cast [nostance:1] Stance 1
/cancelaura [stance:1, mod:alt] Dire Bear Form

We might look at this as one keymap, but it is actually two.
The first is the hotkey without the mod key.
The second is the same hotkey, but with the mod key.
If you want this to work with any mod key, make a keymap for each.
Note, you could have totally different hotkeys if you want.

Keymap 3 & 4.
Same deal as 1 & 2, except our Stance is 6.

I like the [nostance:x] arguement, as you can spam it, without canceling the form.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 pm

You can do this....using one single keymap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4oAjgbxrE
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:49 pm

It all depends on what you want.

Original poster wanted a single key, which would transform you into the "combat" form, on a press.
But which would not take you out of that form, unless pressed with a modifier key.

Let's say you use "A" for the hot key to switch.
And then want "Alt + A" to end the form.
With IS Boxer, I need one hotkey for each; they don't even have to be the same - It could be A and B, but A for one, and Alt+A for another works.

Then Flightform is the same idea.

I personally go with Flight Form straight from the spell book.
If toons are out of sync, I have them each click the "self cast" buff, which is a keymap for me.
And then Flying Form, is a straight keystroke action.

My combat form is [nostance:x] Stance.
So it is spammable, and never takes you out of that stance.
I see no need in my set up, for a button to cancel this.
As I already have the self buff key, which involves casting -- and thus cancels forms too.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Key Maps