FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Programmable Mouse Key Modifiers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

boxme

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Programmable Mouse Key Modifiers

I am new to ISBoxer and I have a question. I have a Microsoft Intellimouse, and I have programmed mouse buttons 4 and 5 to be the "Shift" and "Ctrl" keys (respectively). Normally when playing WoW, I use the modifiers with the number keys and have no problems. I recently set up my first multiboxing team with ISBoxer, and I find that the programmable mouse modifiers I set up ("Shift" and "Ctrl") aren't recognized, but everything works fine when I use "Shift" and "Ctrl" from the keyboard. Is there any way to make mouse buttons 4 and 5 work like the keyboard "Shift" and "Ctrl"?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:42 am

Re: Programmable Mouse Key Modifiers

1. for your programmable mouse to work right, you will need to run the MS software as Administrator. It might just work then.
2. If you want to use it as a modifier for ISBoxer Hotkeys (as opposed to hotkeys in the game): http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/43- ... difier-key
<<

boxme

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey thanks for the reply and the link.

I was unable to get my Microsoft mouse buttons to work through ISBoxer in-game. I mean I couldn't even get them to work like a normal button or key press. The Microsoft mouse button presses simply aren't recognized - at all.

I had no problems at all however when I changed from the MS mouse to the cheapo mouse that came with my computer. The problem is the buttons are really awkward to use as modifiers in-game. I don't know enough about what Microsoft is doing to make their mouse work, so I'm just going to chuck it and get a new mouse that works with ISBoxer.

Can you recommend a good mouse with comfortably positioned buttons that I can set up as modifiers? I'm considering the Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse.
<<

naPS

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:39 pm

The Razer Naga is amazing. 12 buttons right at your thumbs.

Return to Key Maps