Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:55 am

Duel Spec Keymapping

Ok guys I'm stuck, so far I've been able to patiently work through most porblems I've encountered, asked a few questions on the forums even though I'd figured it out...mostly for reassurance that I'm doing things right. But I've hit a wall and I need some help.

First of all am I right in assuming that when doing duel spec with same class groups, I want to have some keymaps toggled depending the spec for the toons?

IF so then ok here is my situation:

I have used the wizard to setup my team.

3 pally's two with duel spec...

pally1 - Prot/ret
pally2 - holy/ret
pally3 - ret

This gives me the options of a team going 3dps, tank/2 dps, holy/2 dps, or tank/holy/dps.

Keymaps for the 3 dps or tank/dps I have accomplished with no problems. It's when I want to swap the one into holy that I have issues.

First Problem:
What I want to happen is for my keymaps to be turned off on the Holy toon and switch to using a repeater region for healing as needed. However, I'm not able to get those maps to turn off on that toon. The only way I am able to make this happen is with a totally different profile where I have the keymaps going to the other two toons and totally ignore the healer, which I then load into innerspace if I swap specs, and swap back to all three receiving dps keys if the healer goes back to ret.

What I'm doing to achieve this:

I have my repeater regions setup over my healing mod (Vuhdo.) No issues with repeater regions working. Next I have a key map for turning off the dps map. It looks like this...

Mapped Key Hotkey = `
|_Step 1
|_Actions
|- FTL DPS Keys Key Map 'Off' -> 2
|- Popup Text -> all
|_Step 2
|_Actions
|- FTL DPS Keys Key Map 'On' -> 2
|- Popup Text -> all

If this wrong, I'd be more than happy to make it right haha :D