FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Programmable Mouse Buttons don't pass keystrokes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dbashn

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:04 am

Programmable Mouse Buttons don't pass keystrokes

I have a Steel Series WoW Cata mouse. Yes I know it's supported by the software, but I don't understand why I can't pass keystrokes to ISBoxer using a programmable mouse button that is setup to sent a key combo.

I originally setup my EQ1 keybindings outside of isboxer and just running EQ1 alone I could select a keybind and press a mouse button programmed with something like Shift+V and when I pressed the mouse button EQ1 would see me sending Shift+V. One I started running EQ1 within ISBoxer it would no longer respond to the mouse buttons. I could use the keyboard to activate a button using Shift+V, but a mouse button sending the keystroke combo doesn't do anything. In one case trying to change keys around on the mouse buttons and trying to get it to work just made EQ1 unstable so it would no longer repond to any keyboard action and I could only get it to respond to basic left mouse clicks to basically camp out and exit.

I even tried turning off key mapping for ISBoxer and it ignores keystrokes sent from the mouse. Yet initially when I used my G15 Logitech keyboard to send keys using the G15 software that would work fine. But I noticed I could do a lot more just disabling that and using the ISBoxer support. But I still have the option.

I would rather keep the mouse software active and send keystroke from it to the game, I don't understand why it wouldn't work even with keymapping off. It should pass the keystrokes through to the game.

I'll do some testing to see if I can keep using the software for basic buttons and clicks and ISboxer support for the rest of the buttons but I would like the option to use the mouse software. I've had a setup for awhile that I could use the same mouse profile across several games.

Anybody know anything about mouse issues?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:48 am

Re: Programmable Mouse Buttons don't pass keystrokes

<<

Dbashn

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks for the link. I know you guys probably get tired of the same ole questions, but it would be nice if these things were stickied to the top of the forums. A lot of this stuff should be in a basic setup FAQ and sticky in a forum about setting up the software.

Not sure exactly what did it but I setup the mouse software to run as admin and turned off UAC. Whatever, got over another hurdle. Hopefully I still feel like playing the game by the time I'm done configuring ISBoxer.
<<

raven3356

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:02 am

Dbashn wrote:Thanks for the link. I know you guys probably get tired of the same ole questions, but it would be nice if these things were stickied to the top of the forums. A lot of this stuff should be in a basic setup FAQ and sticky in a forum about setting up the software.

Not sure exactly what did it but I setup the mouse software to run as admin and turned off UAC. Whatever, got over another hurdle. Hopefully I still feel like playing the game by the time I'm done configuring ISBoxer.

What is UAC?

Return to Key Maps