FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Triggering "When I switch to this character" on remote PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

HomersDonut

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Triggering "When I switch to this character" on remote PC

Hi All.

I've recently started updating my key maps to take advantage of the new virtualization features and have been using Lax's "Understanding mapped key virtualization" post as a reference. The problem that I have come up against is when using the "when I switch to this character" option to send a mapped key to a second machine.

My setup consists to 2 character sets - the primary set has 2 character slots while the secondary set (on another PC ) hosts a single character slot. When switching between characters in the same set, the specified mapped key triggers flawlessly. When I switch over to the other machine (and hence switching to the only character in that set), the mapped key does not trigger. I tried binding a key so I could manually trigger the mapped key on that character. This worked as expected and indicates (to me) that while key map definition is fine, it is simply not being triggered when switching to that character.

I can upload my config later if needed - I just don't have it with me right now. Based on the description above though, could this be a known issue?

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Re: Triggering "When I switch to this character" on remote PC

Yes, this is a known issue. The "switch" is a per-PC thing, if you only have one window it will never fire. I may be able to do something about that in the next update
<<

HomersDonut

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Triggering "When I switch to this character" on remote PC

Thanks Lax :) I'll try and work around it until I hear of it being fixed.

Return to Key Maps