FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IWT for pvp

Moderator: MiRai

<<

abux24

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:30 pm

IWT for pvp

trying to set up IWT for basic pvp, just need bare bones "run to target and hit it";

read through all posts discussing it, i had set up a key that calls assist and then sends the ISboxer IWT key to other windows, stil cannot make it work. Slaves pick the assist on target but they dont move to it, CTM gets turned off completely after the first use of the key, until i enable CTM back. I guess im missing the understanding of the mechanics of the IWT-how is the CTM to the target from the main window gets passed to slaves.

i see the IWT key in the general map, which apparently uses interacttarget method from native WOW keybindings.

-Do i need to assign a keybind to Interactwithtarget in wow itself.
-do i need to assign the hotkey to the ISboxer IWT key.
-is there a bare bones IWT setup description anybody can point me to.

Would much appreciate any help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Re: IWT for pvp

Yes, you need to assign a key to the Interact with Target key binding in WoW itself. There's no other way to use IWT.

Yes, if you want to use the Interact with Target mapped key generated by the Quick Setup Wizard, you need to assign a Hotkey. There is one other change you typically may need to make if you want to use the generated one. The bottom Action in Step 1 of IWT is supposed to send the keystroke configured in-game, to all windows. Delete the existing action and replace it with a new Keystroke Action. This generated version temporarily enables CTM in order to IWT -- it turns it off in Step 2 which, for this implementation, happens when you release the Hotkey. If you want to use the generated IWT key, you are not expected to enable CTM manually.
<<

abux24

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:41 pm

thank you Lax;
works much better now.

so the steps were:
-Assign the keybind in wow
-Assign the hotkey to the wizard-made IWT key in isboxer
-replace the mapped key action in step1 of IWT key with the new keystroke action for the keybind created in wow.

did i get it right?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:46 pm

You got it. :)

Return to Key Maps