FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Toggle Automatic Follow on Charcater Switch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

helmhammer

Post Mon May 24, 2010 9:45 am

Toggle Automatic Follow on Charcater Switch

This is probably a really simply thing, I'm just missing it somehow. Is there a way to toggle the automatic follow after character switching so that you can turn it off temporarily?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: Toggle Automatic Follow on Charcater Switch

If you click on a character set...
And then go down to the lower left window pane.
Then click on any of the Slot numbers.

In the right pane, you see the option, "When I switch to this character".
And it will run the mapped key of your choice.

I've personally set auto follow on a switch to occur for all of my caster teams.
But to not occur at all, for any of my melee teams.
For the melee teams, I have to manually press follow.
I have a mapped key for this, on an easy to reach mouse thumb button.

Alternatively, you could have it run both a Jamba Master update mapped key, and a Jamba Follow mapped key.
And then create another mapped key with two steps.
This new mapped key would be a toggle for the Jamba Follow mapped key.
First step will enable the mapped key and send a pop-up text stating the Follow is enabled.
Second step will disable the mapped key, and send a pop-up text stating the Follow is disabled.

When you switch and it is enabled, then it works as normal.
But if the mapped key is disabled, then it cannot initiate follow.

Keymap Actions > New Mapped Key State Action
Enable/Disable the desired mapped key, for all windows.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

helmhammer

Post Tue May 25, 2010 10:25 am

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but now I'm confused as to why automatic following is still working at all.

When I click on the slot number, the Do Mapped Key radio button is selected and it is set to the Control Map and the Follow/JambaMaster.

The wierd thing is I uninstalled Jamba a week or so ago. Why does automatic following still work? I could install Jamba again if that will help fix the problem.

This is a pretty minor issue, but one of the reasons I want to be able to disable automatic following is because I have a mapped key that makes my team sit down and drink. If I switch to another character while everyone is drinking, it interupts everyone. I would just like to be able to cancel the following so I can switch around freely.

I'm sorry but I don't really understand your instructions. I'm just not up-to-speed enough to follow what you have written. Could you provide a bit more detail or a brief step-by-step?

Sorry to be a bother and thanks very much for all your help.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue May 25, 2010 9:06 pm

I know you can use IS Boxer without Jamba, but haven't really found a boxer who doesn't use Jamba.
IS Boxer has its own follow macros, which it would be using if you don't have Jamba.

I'd personally grab Jamba, even if only for Master/Leader updates on character switches.
The flight path and quest/npc mimic actions are fairly nice, but you could mouse broadcast for these.
I like the Jamba Action Bar, for quest click items; I've set a Repeater Region over that whole area so any toon can click and they all do.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 30, 2010 11:33 am

When I click on the slot number, the Do Mapped Key radio button is selected and it is set to the Control Map and the Follow/JambaMaster.

Change it to just JambaMaster, or even uncheck the option to do anything when you switch. I'd just leave it at JambaMaster though (even if you dont have/use Jamba)

Return to Key Maps