FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Others Jump (CTRL + Space) Does not work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

helmhammer

Post Mon May 17, 2010 6:42 am

Others Jump (CTRL + Space) Does not work

I use the Quick Setup to setup my multiboxing profiles and on the general keymap, the Others Jump has never worked for me. All the others that I care about on that map seem to work just fine.

Why would this one not function?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 17, 2010 8:02 am

Re: Others Jump (CTRL + Space) Does not work

I would have to see your config to tell you. Follow the global sticky for info on how to do that (the right way automatically censors your account info)

The only thing special about this one in particular is that since jump is a movement key, it requires Hold to be enabled. If Hold is enabled and "Use FTL Modifiers" is disabled (i.e. you didn't change these), it should work just fine.
<<

helmhammer

Post Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 am

Thanks for the quick feedback. Before I post my configuration, could you elaborate on where I check the 'Hold' and 'Use FTL Modifiers settings'? I didn't mean to change anything but it is possible that I did by mistake.

Tell me if I'm right. When I highlight the General Keymap in the top tree and then click on it in the bottom tree I see default values...

'Hold any Keystroke Actions...' and
'World of Warcraft: Use FTL Modifiers'

Is this what you are talking about?

If so, Hold is unchecked and Use FTL Mods is checked. Is that wrong?

Thanks again for your help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 17, 2010 8:44 am

They are in two places. When you highlight a Key Map you see those two check boxes that set the default for every Mapped Key in that particular Key Map, if they are not specifically set per Mapped Key. None of the Key Maps generated by the Quick Setup Wizard should have the "Use FTL Modifiers" option enabled. So yes, it is wrong to have "Use FTL Modifiers" checked for the General key map, and yes this would be a problem for the Others Jump mapped key. The second place is in each Mapped Key.

The ONLY things that should have the Use FTL Modifiers option enabled are 3 Mapped Keys within the General Key Map (NO other key maps or mapped keys generated by the wizard!), and they start with FTL: FTL Follow Me, FTL Assist Me, and FTL Target Me. If you have changed that option for any key map or mapped key, change it back ;)
<<

helmhammer

Post Mon May 17, 2010 10:42 am

This seems to have solved the problem. Many thanks!

Return to Key Maps