FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] wow key bindings

Moderator: MiRai

<<

abux24

Post Mon May 10, 2010 10:00 pm

wow key bindings

simple story-
-i've set up an existing focus-using keyclone team on ISboxer, used the ISboxer wizard, all good;
Q: how do i convert preexisting wow keybinds to work in a keymap environment, e.g. i used macros on each of the F keys, backspace, `, numpad+ keys, etc. since they are good for pvp mashing.
Tried copying an FTL key and assigning backspace to it, didnt work
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:30 am

Re: wow key bindings

Click on Keymaps (top pane) and expand it.
Click on the desired Keymap (example: General).

In the bottom left pane, right click on Mapped Keys, and select New Mapped Key.
Call it something like Backspace - Function.
Click on the name of the mapped key, then in the right pane click the arrow icon to the right of the hotkey field.
Press Backspace, to assign Backspace as the hotkey (you can use modifiers here if you want).

Certain keys don't like modifiers, such as the Numpad, but you can use modifiers with most keys.
If you had a warcraft macro for "1" and another action in the same macro for "Alt + 1", you'd make an extra mapped key with Alt +1 as the hotkey, and Alt+1 as the output too, probably including the FTL Assist (just as DPS 1 already has).

Click on the 1, under Steps (left pane).
Right click on actions (right pane).

If you want the toons to assist, then you'll want: Keymap Actions > New Do Mapped Key Action.
Target: Current Window
Keymap: General
Mapped Key: FTL Assist Me.

If you don't require the slaves to assist, you can omit this FTL Assist Me step.

Then right click on Actions again.
Select: Keystroke Actions > New Keystroke Action.
Select the target, which will usually be: All Windows.
And then for the Key: Backspace (the same as the hotkey).

When you're done with these, you need to export to Inner Space, from the File Menu for changes to take effect.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 11, 2010 7:05 am

Backspace is used by FTL Assist Me. If you use Backspace as a Hotkey in WoW, you'd want to change the Key Combination used by FTL Assist Me to a different, unmodified key that has no other key bindings on it and is not a numpad key (e.g. the [ key)
<<

abux24

Post Tue May 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Thank you Gentlemen,
it worked great after i unbound bkspace from followme as you said. i'm still not very clear how to use/adapt the wow key bindings map, which apparently wizard set up from my old wow keybinds. Can they be modified to work in FTL mode or do i just need to wipe them and set all the new FTL keys from scratch.

Return to Key Maps