FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Movement Key Bindings keep getting disabled

Moderator: MiRai

<<

brilove

Post Thu May 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Movement Key Bindings keep getting disabled

I'm new to ISBoxer and am having a small vexing issue. Somehow the key binding for Move Backward keeps getting disabled in WoW. Probably something silly I did. Details as follows:

I am trying to learn ISBoxer with a simple 2 character setup. I have Jamba installed but do not use auto follow or strobing.

I want to be able to hold down a key and have the slave toon move backward to break follow without leaving the master window. I set up a mapped key named Stop Follow. When I press "," it is supposed to broadcast the Down Arrow key to all windows except current.

Move Backward is bound in WoW to the standard S and Down Arrow.

Here is the problem: Whenever I log into WoW using ISBoxer on these toons the down arrow is disabled completely. The Stop Follow doesn't work. Even if I just press the down arrow to move my current toon backward nothing happens.

I can temporarily fix this by setting up the Stop Follow mapped key to broadcast "S" instead. Then it works fine. But the next time I log into the game the "S" key movement is disabled and I have to switch back to the Down Arrow to get it to work.

So if i set it to Down Arrow only S works. If I set it to S only Down Arrow works. Happens every single time.

http://pastebin.com/6amU4q5x

Any help is appreciated.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu May 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Movement Key Bindings keep getting disabled

The basic approach would be:

Warcraft has 'S' and 'Down Arrow' bound to move backwards.
In IS Boxer, you make a mapped key, in the General Keymap (so it applies to all sets of characters).

Right click on Mapped Keys, and choose New.
Name it something like: Move Back (Down Arrow).
Click the mapped key, in the bottom left pane.
Set the hotkey, to Down Arrow.
The field immediately below this, 'Hold Keystroke Actions While Hotkey is Held' should be set to On.

Then click on the '1', under Steps.
On the right pane, right click on Actions.
We want: Keystroke Actions >> New Keystroke Action.
For a target, choose - Window: All w/o Current.
For Key Combination, choose - Down Arrow (Or S).

Then export your settings to Inner Space (via the File Menu).

I like to use WASD keys for keyboard moving the main.
And the Arrow keys for keyboard moving the slaves.

It doesn't really matter which keybinds you use, but its nice to have one for the active toon, and a different one for the inactive toons.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

brilove

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Re: Movement Key Bindings keep getting disabled

Thank you for the excellent and fast reply Ualaa!

I had it set up that way but the only difference was that I had copied another mapped key in the general keymap instead of starting from scratch. Apparently something in what I copied was causing the issue.

I deleted the copy and followed your instructions and everything works as intended now!

Thanks again for the help!

Return to Key Maps