FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FTL General Key Maps

Moderator: MiRai

<<

emps

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:23 pm

FTL General Key Maps

Just wanted to double check.. Do I need to create different sets of "FTL" key maps (e.g. FTL Follow Me, Assist Me, etc..)for each character set (if I have different toons per set)? It seems the General FTL key maps reflect (from the Toolkit) only the first character set I've created even if the other sets are defined to use them as well. I am maintaing the same char/slot and window layout.. It's technically just the toons that are changing.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Re: FTL General Key Maps

If you run the wizard, it should assign the basic mapped keys to each set of characters, ie FTL DPS, General and Control.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 pm

You never need to create additional identical Key Maps :)
<<

emps

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks! I validated this last night when I got home. I only asked cause when I had created my other char sets and looked in General Key Maps -> FTL Assist Me -> Steps -> 1 -> Final Macro Text, it shows only my original set's toon names that or another set. Of course this after having added the new sets to General. Thanks for the reply.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:45 pm

If you look at any of the Mapped Keys...
On the right, where the target is set, to the right of the drop down box is a square with an asterisk.

If you click that, you get a drop down box which you can leave blank or can select any of your character sets.
If you leave it blank, then it shows every set you have, in the targeting drop down arrow.
You can omit your other character sets from the drop down, by selecting one set specifically.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Key Maps