FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Disabling/Enabling Keymaps accross different Teams

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Slats

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Disabling/Enabling Keymaps accross different Teams

Hi guys,

Having a bit of trouble with disabling/enabling keymaps across teams that share some characters.

Team A:
PvE - Paladin + 3 Shaman + Warlock
Team B:
PvP - 4x Shaman

I have a Control Map Set. In this Mapset there is a KeyMap called 'Disable/Enable Keymaps'. It has each mapset in Step 1 being turned off and in Step 2 being turned on.

I have a Mapset called 'Shaman PvP Functions'. This is linked only to the PvP Team. However the disable/enable keymap turns it on and off as well, even when I am using the PvE team.

My question is how do I have one key (F7) to control all my kemaps being disabled/enabled accross my teams but have specific keymaps enabled for say like a druid team, a paladin team etc.

I'm sure its quite easy and obvious but I'm missing it, perhaps complicating the issue somewhat?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:11 am

Re: Disabling/Enabling Keymaps accross different Teams

Create your mapped key, and place it in the Control Keymap, so it applies to every team you have, and so even if the other Keymaps are disabled, it is not.

On the Step 1, which disables Keymaps, disable every Keymap you have other then the Control Keymap.

On Step 2, which enables Keymaps, enable specific keymaps for specific teams.
Example: Enable General & FTL DPS Keymaps (All Windows), also Enable Druid Keymap for Target: All of Druid Team (ATG).
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Slats

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:19 am

OK but what about characters that share teams?

Should I just make new characters for them?

ie two of my Shamans in the Elemental Shamans group are part of the PvP Character Set.

I thought not having that Keymap linked to that Character Set would stop it getting loaded regardless of wether the Control Keymap toggles it or not. :/ I guess I can simple create a PvP Shaman ATG - easy enough.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:12 am

I have lots of characters I can switch in interchangeably in various slots.

Basically I use a master key map with similar functions for each class on a particular button (a main dps key, an interrupt key, an instant aoe, targeted aoe, trinkets, "oh shit", a self-buff key, etc), with mapped keys per class in their own key map with no hotkeys -- and these get assigned per Character instead of to the entire Character Set. Then it's a matter of either adding one Do Mapped Key Action per class (to do the spell or rotation of my chioce) in the master key map, or using Virtual Mapped Keys to use one Do Mapped Key Action. (e.g. instead of specifying "lightning bolt" for shamans on my master DPS buttons, I can just Do Mapped Key to all with a blank "DPS" mapped key, which my Character would virtualize as lightning bolt)

That in conjunction with lots of Action Target Groups to break down the different classes, specs and roles. I also have a button to toggle between PVE and PVP modes, which switches some to a different rotation.
<<

Sanktu

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 am

Having the same problem here (So much characters/teams) and i finally ended having different xml for different teams (it's a PITA).
Why not having a toggle Keymap based on character set ? it should be way more easy to have ISBoxer do what we really want.
Eg : Toggle off all keymaps (except CONTROL of course) and Toggle on only keymaps registered for the character set running
Would love to see that feature :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Yeah that's great but only applies to WoW players and only when they used the Quick Setup Wizard and only when they want to add more Key Maps. If this were a WoW-specific version of ISBoxer I might be more inclined to throw in a whole lot more WoW-specific ease of use related to the wizard-generated setup ;) On that note, when the next-gen software comes out, I do intend to have different flavors tailored to different games.

So. All you need to do is add each new Key Map to your Activate Maps mapped key under Control. Then, since you don't want various Key Maps loaded by the wrong teams, go into your Character Set and use a Key Map white or black list -- found by clicking "Key Maps" under your Character Set. You can either white list all the Key Maps that Character Set should be able to load, or black list the ones it should not load under any circumstances.

You should never need to create additional ISBoxer profiles ;)

Return to Key Maps