FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Can't make a single macro to work!!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

brusim

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:56 am

Can't make a single macro to work!!

Hi all,

I've been trying to create an action macro on ISBoxer but I can't make a single one to work, however basic. I've even copied other working macros from the "General" group which come already predefined (like the "invite others"), changed the hotkey on both the keymap and macro but still no joy.

I read and re-read the instructions several times to see if I'm missing something but I still can't find the problem. Browsed through the forum searching for similar issues but couldn't find anything, so it probably means that I am probably missing some (basic) step but I can't find it.

Just so I'm clear, I don't have any problems with macro language or macro creation in the game itself, it's just through ISBoxer that I can't.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:05 am

Re: Can't make a single macro to work!!

It sounds like you created your own Key Map to put your Mapped Key in. You may just need to assign the Key Map to your Character Set. If you assigned it to a specific Character, then the Hotkey will only work FROM that Character. You probably want it to work FROM any Character in the Set. Just drag the Character Set to the Key Map (from the top tree, to the bottom left tree).

Also, be aware that if you're making changes to WoW macros while the game is up, you will need to /reloadui for those changes to take effect. This is because they are handled by the ISBoxer Addon. Likewise, if the ISBoxer Addon is not enabled, it's not going to work either :)

If this doesn't help, please share your configuration. For instructions on doing so, please read HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

JackBurton

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 am

I'd like to call myself an ISBoxer veteran but i still make this mistake sometimes. Here's a some visual guidance on what you might have accidentally omitted. Assigning what toons/teams should use those macro's you created.

Further Macro troubleshooting tips:

Guidance for troubleshooting macro's and their proper syntax.

a. Test them with the in game macro interface

1. Study the wowwiki article for macro use and syntax http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro
2. DPS Macros on Major City Test Dummies
3. All other DPS macros in High Stress Instances (the closer to the real thing the better)

b. Fix them in the ISBoxer Toolkit (editor)
c. Turn on Repeater and /reloadui
d. At the top of the toolkit tree select ISBoxer > Import to Innerspace
Your fixes have been taken effect in real time wihout having to restart wow.

2. Rule of thumb when making Changes to ISboxer

a. only Import to innerspace is needed when making hotkey change.
b. Both Import and reloadui are needed if you make a modification to an ISboxer created WoW Macro.
<<

brusim

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:30 am

Thanks a lot to both!! Issue solved! :D

My mistake was not reloading the UI while game was on, I though that just exporting to Inner Space would be enough.

Another happy customer! ;)

Return to Key Maps