FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with ISBoxer build #34

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Egnarts

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Problem with ISBoxer build #34

Hey Lax,
I got a problem with this new build, I'm wondering if it's something you can help me with.
Basically all my key maps which include the new features you can use for steps is not working, eg. I got one step which would do spellA on first cast, then on second step it would do spellB with the option for "Do not advance to next step for atleast x seconds" turned on. I also got "Reset to step 1 after x seconds from first hotkey press" turned on in these cases.
All these does is fire off the first step and then keep firing off the first step.

When I use the straight hotkey I set for the ingame macro for step two it's working fine, so it can't be a spelling problem.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: Problem with ISBoxer build #34

If you put a popup text action in each of the steps (e.g. have it say step 1, step 2, etc), that may help you determine if it's really doing the same step or if it's something else

If you can share your config I'll take a look. Sending it to me in e-mail (lax@lavishsoft.com) is fine if you want to keep it private
<<

Egnarts

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Here you go:
http://pastebin.com/d991f5c3

Hehe, look's like you've tried this befor :) I tried adding the steps, the popup text goes through, but not the spell.
If it makes it easier, the one i'm working on is under Paladin Healing, called Flash of Light, also the Holy Shock 1-5 isnt working either, but I havn't messed around with that yet.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:08 pm

:(

Copy from inside the software (like the linked post says), not from opening the XML file in Internet Explorer. I had to manually fix the XML to load your config.

Anyway, the issue with the Flash of Light key under Paladin Healing is that you selected a Mapped Key State Action, which has the capability of enabling and disabling a mapped key (for example if you set it to Flash of Light OFF, it would disable your Num 1 hotkey for Flash of Light), as opposed to a Do Mapped Key Action, which has the capability of performing a mapped key (for example casting Flash of Light). Change that and I think it'll work :)
<<

Egnarts

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks Lax,
What about Flash of Light2 though? Shouldn't that be working as I used a "New World of Warcraft Macro" for that, which is excatly like the Flash of Light 2.

*Edit*
Still isn't working. I tried adding you to MSN, might be a bit faster if you have time :)

*Edit#2*
Changed my hotkey for "Flash of Light 2" and it works now, I've had to do this for some of the Mapped Keys for my "Misc" key map also, I suspect ISBoxer somehow saves my old macro short cuts and wont overwrite them, is there some way to purge this? Where are they stored?
<<

Egnarts

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Well, all of a sudden my FTL stopped working for my warlock so, i changed it from left CTRL to right alt, works again.. Kinda makes me think my above assumption is correct, at least there's something wrong since keys seemingly randomly break =[

*Edit*
Seems it wont heal outside the group if I use /cast [target={SLOT1}] flash of light now either o.O
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Egnarts wrote:*Edit*
Seems it wont heal outside the group if I use /cast [target={SLOT1}] flash of light now either o.O

Erased Reply.

EDIT: To show that I'm an idiot and I apologize :)
Last edited by MiRai on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Egnarts

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:28 pm

No, {SLOT1} is the toon you're using in the first slot of you're character set, usefull when you use the same healer for multiple character sets :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:35 pm

Changed my hotkey for "Flash of Light 2" and it works now, I've had to do this for some of the Mapped Keys for my "Misc" key map also, I suspect ISBoxer somehow saves my old macro short cuts and wont overwrite them, is there some way to purge this? Where are they stored?

If you're making changes in ISBoxer that involve WoW Macros, you do need to /reloadui in the game -- I think this is what you wanted
<<

Egnarts

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:26 pm

No, I'm well familiar with that :)
I'm a bit poor at explaining but, from time to time after changing a config file, the game will start sending the wrong macros to the wrong characters. Eg. my previous config file started sending a key to cast Bloodlust to one of my shamans when I set them all to heal one of my toons, but only if I had a specific toon as my focus window. This has happened multiple times in many of my config files.
I've also had to a file that started healing my toon#5 when it should be healing my toon#2, and despite my rookie mistake in the previous config file I'm confident everything was setup correctly, with no overlapping key binds.

So, is there any way I can purge it without reinstalling everything?
Next

Return to Key Maps