FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Setup a specific macro

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cyankeemn

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:03 pm

[WoW] Setup a specific macro

In a two character setup, is it possible to do a macro that will make the other character loot and skin a corpse? I need to do some farming for leather and while my 85 lvl DK can kill the mobs quickly, my 37th lvl Rogue needs to gather the leather. What I wonder is, if my DK kills a mob, can I get or create a macro that will make the other character loot and skin the mob without having me keep switching screens.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: [WoW] Setup a specific macro

<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:44 am

If a video is easier for you, see: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=45676

You essentially want a mapped key.
That does IWT for the rogue.

Assist the active toon.
And have the rogue only do IWT, on the corpse.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

cyankeemn

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:56 am

Thanks, the video help 100%. Made some of the steps much clearer and I understood what was going on. Unfortunately, the biggest problem I had afterward was the following. My DK would kill the mob, I would get close to it, select it and press Alt-G for my Rogue to loot, then select it again for my Rogue to skin. But I would always have to move my DK to just past the dead mob to put my Rogue into a position where it could, otherwise, nothing would happen. In the end, I just went around killed about 6 or so mobs, switch screens and looted and skinned. I was hoping that the Rogue would move to be closer to the dead mob to loot when I hit the Alt-G key (key combo suggested from the video).
<<

cyankeemn

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:08 pm

Well, figured out what was wrong. I went back and reviewed the video and found the problem. Actually was two-fold. First, when I go Key Maps - IWT - Steps. Somehow I had cleared out step one that had the Click to Move activated. Then of course, CTM was not activated in setup for the Rogue.

Fixed it and now it works much better.
<<

cyankeemn

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:56 pm

BTW, I would like to say thanks for the Help. While the exact answer was not given, nor could it have been, you did point me to where I could find the answer. Again, thanks so much. :D

Return to Key Maps