FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Action Target Groups and ISBoxer Addon

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Slats

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:42 am

Action Target Groups and ISBoxer Addon

Hi all,

I have been enjoying the flexibility of Action Target Groups and I have been trying to make a toggle key that will make one of my Shamans change Spec from Ele --> Resto.

I have changed a few of my Warcraft Macro Actions so that if a Shaman is in the Elemental Group he casts Firetongue Weapon. If hes in the Resto Shaman group he casts Earthliving Weapon.

I have a Keymap that in the first step, turns off all repeater regions, removes Slatza from the Elemental Group and adds him to the Restoration Group. It then loads up the Resto Region Map so only my mouse clicks are passed to him. When I hit the key again it goes to Step 2, it does the opposite and loads a new Region called EleShaman that lets all the Shamans heal etc.

I am wondering if ISBoxer is not exporting my macros correctly to he LUA files as in the configuration file itself he is in the Elemental Group and nobody is in the Resto Group? Is this some kind of bug or is there a workaround?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:13 am

Re: Action Target Groups and ISBoxer Addon

Possibly try to have the initial set up, as one Resto and the rest Elemental.
That way, the macros and regions are generated by default.
And you can move the toon to either group, as you want.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Slats

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:16 pm

I gave this a try and it works perfectly now.

I have 3 Action Target Groups:

All Shaman
Resto Shaman
Ele Shaman

In my 'Shaman Functions' keymap my Weapon Buff now sends Flametongue Weapon to Ele Shamans and Earthliving to Resto. As long as one Shaman starts in the Resto group all the macros generate in ISBoxer fine.

I have a keymap with two steps that swaps him between Elemental and Resto, changing his gear and talents and changing my mouse regions so that instead of 'All Shamans' getting the clicks, only he does. I use Vuhdo for my healing frames.

Works perfectly and no ReloadUI is needed when swapping him between groups. Once again absolutely amazed at what you can do with ISBoxer once you really start playing.

-Slats
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Would you mind posting what you've done?

I'm interested in changing action target groups, via keymaps.
And changing mouse repeater regions.

That seems to have a lot of potential.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Slats

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:22 am

Under my Character Set I ticked
Enabled ISBoxer GUI toggle hotkey : G13:G20

I loaded up my character set Paladin - 4x Shamans

I installed Vuhdo and set it up how I wanted it. I then copied the .lua file in the SavedVariables of my Character and pasted it into the Shaman so the settings where the same.

I then turned on the ISBoxer GUI and I created a new Repeater Region that used 'Alll Shaman' Action Target Group as its destination clicks.

I then made another repeater region that was exactly the same but only worked for the All of 'Resto Shaman' Action Target Group.

Under my action target groups I put all 4 of my Shaman in the ATG All Shaman. I put Slatza in my Resto Shaman Group and the other 3 in the Ele Shaman Group.

I made a two step keymap bound to G13:G15. All the other settings in the main pane here where defaults.

Step 1:
Leave Group 'Ele Shaman' -> Slatza (specifically target this character and not the Slot or Group)
Join Group 'Resto Shaman -> Slatza
Poptext -> Self (Green Text - Slatza is now a HEALER)
Clear Repeater Regions (this clears all)
Load Repeater Regions: Resto Shaman
Swap to Offspec -> Slatza (Warcraft Macro Action)
Target Slatza
/usetalents [spec:1] 2;

Step 2:
Exactly the opposite to the above.

Return to Key Maps